AVI58 not working at all

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am having an issue with a new P2 that I am trying to get working. I have hooked up the AVI58 and it is not sending/receiving signal to the monitor. I have quadruple checked the wiring, checked every channel, hooked the transmitter/receiver to another P2 (and it worked just fine) and tried the other transmitter/receiver with the new P2 (didn't work at all). From the troubleshooting it seems that the issue is somewhere inside the P2. Anyone have any idea how to get it working?

Thanks!

dentedk said:
Hi everyone! I am having an issue with a new P2 that I am trying to get working. I have hooked up the AVI58 and it is not sending/receiving signal to the monitor. I have quadruple checked the wiring, checked every channel, hooked the transmitter/receiver to another P2 (and it worked just fine) and tried the other transmitter/receiver with the new P2 (didn't work at all). From the troubleshooting it seems that the issue is somewhere inside the P2. Anyone have any idea how to get it working?

Thanks!

How exactly do you have it hooked up? Not specific. And how exactly did you hook it up to the other P2 to make it work? Are you getting power to the AVL58 just no picture?

Could be the Gimbal ribbon cable... the gimbal cable is responsible for power and video. Check that the ribbon is all intact... you can open your phantom and check that it is seated correctly. Google how to open the p2 .

It is wired the same way the other one is......Well...it was....it is taken back apart except for the soldered wires now. lol The AVL58 is getting power (both the tx and rx), I can change the channel on it, but there is no video. I unhooked the one (started with the transmitter and then added the receiver during trouble shooting) with no luck. Tested the new one on my P2 and it worked fine. I thought it might have been the soldering job (I am not the best at it) so I cut the wires and soldered again, still with no luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20