Average flight time on one battery

btw Bob did you do your hdmi port and dbs mod install yet? success?

btw Bob did you do your hdmi port and dbs mod install yet? success?
Havent done them yet, the HDMI is supposed to be here today, going to try to do them both at one time. Time will tell:)
Thanks for asking-- I will post up the results-- good or bad:D:D

Havent done them yet, the HDMI is supposed to be here today, going to try to do them both at one time. Time will tell:)

No worries mate, I was the one who said to you doing them at the same time was a good idea due to avoiding having to reinsert the big ribbon cable back into the usb/hdmi module (as you can do it before you screw the module back onto the underneath of the RC). Personally I didnt have a problem with that but others said they did.

Btw be careful when you crack open the remote, you are pulling it apart like a clamshell, dont let it fly open as it could catch the large ribbon end as it comes apart. Hard to explain but you'll see what I mean at the time.

Ok enough with the thread derailing :)

Reactions: bobmyers
I did see it -- the whole point is don't let the battery get too low to where the drone goes into auto land. The OP was asking about battery time, not how to stop it from landing if the battery went too low. Cheers:) If the battery level reaches 10 % and the Phantom is still in the air-- everything at that point is downhill- It is MAYDAY mode.
True, I get your point, but better to kill a $150 battery and save everything else, than to lose everything, costing over $1250 for a replacement P3P minus RX resale. After the 10% autoland engages, left stick fully up will neutralize and suspend the descent, while you navigate to a safer landing area, on whatever remaining battery you can squeeze out of it, especially if you are over water! :eek: Avoid at all costs, but if it ever happens, (and it happened once to me), now you know what to do! It works! :cool:

Last edited:
Buddy you said this: "When the battery reaches critical at 10%, it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location."

I merely pointed out that with up stick control you could neutralise the landing and take it to land somewhere safer as your comment seemed to imply you didnt know that: "it is going to be landing on its own without regard to the location".

Ive got friends who have run the battery down to 1% (on long range fpv 5 miles in each direction), its not advisable but 10% isnt MAYDAY mode as you seem to think it is.

i know what you meant atki and it is very good advice.

because it is landing on it's own because of critical battery level, it doesn't mean you have no control anymore.

good post.

Everything went as planned--- did both installations at the same time-- and all works well--- using Fatshark HD goggles from the HDMI board and tested signal strength out to 6000 ft and behind trees with no loss -- I am not a distance guy and got the DBS Mod just for penetration in wooded areas. I have a Headplay coming-- heard a lot of good reports on those.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4