Avegent Glyph user experiance

Apparently I can't follow instructions. To use the head tracking the cable that would normally plug into the tablet is not used. The goggle cable pugs into the back of the controller, where the tablet cable would normally go. What RadRich was trying to tell me. I'll see if I can find a spliter where I can use the goggles, and the tablet. Oh, if you go to Itune store to get the app with a Ipad mini 2, you will not be able to to find it. Thanks every one for helping me. Apparently I need it. Rain/snow here.
Yep, and if needed, add a USB hub so that you can use the Glyph (for head tracking) and your tablet at the same time. Otherwise it's one or the other if you want head tracking because of the single USB cable and the single USB port on the controller.

Yep, and if needed, add a USB hub so that you can use the Glyph (for head tracking) and your tablet at the same time. Otherwise it's one or the other if you want head tracking because of the single USB cable and the single USB port on the controller.

You can't hookup two devices at one USB port even with a splitter. USB doesn't work that way.

If you want to have two devices, use hdmi output module which will get you one USB port and one hdmi port.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You can't hookup two devices at one USB port even with a splitter. USB doesn't work that way.

If you want to have two devices, use hdmi output module which will get you one USB port and one hdmi port.

Oh really? Perhaps this guy didn't get the memo because he made a video showing that it is possible.

I am have having some issues with the ubs hub. There is always a learning curve. With me. I haven't seen one good video about hooking them up to drones. So far, it looks like the blue tooth is useless

Oh really? Perhaps this guy didn't get the memo because he made a video showing that it is possible.

Yes you need a good OS to support USB hubs, RC does not.

Only works with Android, not iCrap. Non powered USB hub.

For HT to work on P4, you do need the HDMI module and so far it only seems to work on an android tablet for me. Won't work if I use any of my IPads on it.

How may I enable Head Tracking mode to work with my Inspire Quadcopter - Avegant Glyph Forums

From the user guide:

If both the tablet and the Avegant Glyph are desired, it is possible to use a hub to split the connection between the tablet/phone and the Avegant Glyph’s head tracking. Note that when using iOS devices and a hub, some users have experienced a pixelated signal when flying. For the best experience, Avegant recommends using two controllers and/or Android tablets.
Glyph + Drone Setup and Troubleshooting Instructions - Avegant Glyph Forums

Last edited:
Weather here is been <20 F and windy - so have not had a chance to fly with the Glyph. But setting it up - the image is indeed excellent - I wear bifocals - extremely nearsighted, about +2 diopters farsighted - and the image is perfect without my glasses. I may try to fly today as soon as the snow stops,
Well the temperature warmed up to freezing today – so I got my first chance to try these. Extremely sunny – clear 32 F day. First impression after admittedly only 2 flights is WOW. Made flying the phantom a whole new experience. Very clear image for being able to assess and frame the picture I’m trying to film. Have tried, fatsharks and mybuds – wanted to love them but was invariably dissatisfied with both. Haven’t tried headplays – folks seems to love the image from those. Can say I do like being able to easily look at the tablet for info occasionally without having to take Glyphs off. I ended up just leaving the tablet showing the map (was flying Litchi missions) – entirely using the Glyph for the video feed. So downsides – looks dorky – one more thing to charge – not fond of having to be connected by cable to the rc . The weight didn’t bother me – battery is less fiddly than the others I tried. Time will tell – but at this point I’m pretty sure I’ll be using these for most flights .

Last edited:
Bare with me, I am still learning. But, how do you launch the drone with out the pad? It was 20F when I flew them yesterday to. I like the artificial horizon. Your right, very clear. Thanks for the good review. keep us posted when you use head play.

Bare with me, I am still learning. But, how do you launch the drone with out the pad? It was 20F when I flew them yesterday to. I like the artificial horizon. Your right, very clear. Thanks for the good review. keep us posted when you use head play.
I also like the artificial horizon - will also give a feel for how much cross winds are in play. Not sure I understand your question about launching without pad?

I also like the artificial horizon - will also give a feel for how much cross winds are in play. Not sure I understand your question about launching without pad?
I'll not surprise you didn't follow. I read it rather fast and just remembered this part; " I ended up just leaving the tablet". Skimmed other the rest of it.

Just spent the last 30 minutes watching "The Strain" (no pun intended) via Hulu on the Fire Stick connected via HDMI. I must say I'm really impressed with these goggles. The image is really really clear. Practically no pixalization. I was using them while laying in bed and could see my 37" TV on the wall just below the Glyph image. I would say from this distance, it would appear like a 60" TV. But it really does look exactly as though you were in the higher seats in any of the "stadium" theaters. Not necessarily sitting at the back row, but far back enough where the view looks just like the movie screen, and you can see the theater walls, and with a little imagination, the front row seats. Sound quality is awesome, too. Kind of bulky and cumbersome, though. I may need the head strap to relieve the weight off my nose.

i'll try the Phantom 3 connection next.

Last edited:
Just spend the last 30 minutes watching "The Strain" (no pun intended) via Hulu on the Fire Stick connected via HDMI. I must say I'm really impressed with these goggles. The image is really really clear. Practically no pixalization. I was using them while laying in bed and could see my 37" TV on the wall just below the Glyph image. I would say from this distance, it would appear like a 60" TV. But it really does look exactly as though you were in the higher seats in any of the "stadium" theaters. Not necessarily sitting at the back row, but far back enough where the view looks just like the movie screen, and you can see the theater walls, and with a little imagination, the front row seats. Sound quality is awesome, too. Kind of bulky and cumbersome, though. I may need the head strap to relieve the weight off my nose.

i'll try the Phantom 3 connection next.
I am guessing you had to use a cable. Not blue tooth.

I am guessing you had to use a cable. Not blue tooth.
For the Fire Stick, yes. That's the only way to view video on the Glyph. You use BT with the Avegant app to install the firmware. Using the app, and connecting it via the BT link in the app, you can find out what firmware you're on, and it shows a battery % too. However, you need to disconnect from BT once you start using the HDMI connection (when watching a movie) otherwise you won't have sound. I just powered the headset off and on and the Fire Stick was still connected and I then had sound. I can only assume that when connected to BT you could use it strictly for audio. BTW, 3D movies look pretty awesome with these. Much better than Nvidia 3D Vision. The LG demos on YouTube are really cool!

For the Phantom 4, you have to enable multiple flight mode and I believe switch the controller to Atti or F mode in order to get the head tracking to work.

Last edited:
Well after a few flights with the Glyph I'm not overly impressed. I thought it would be a little more immersive.

I'm wondering why the image isn't the full width of the display? The OSD extends to the edge but the image is not that wide. Is there a setting I'm missing to make it more full screen?

Merry Christmas!

Well after a few flights with the Glyph I'm not overly impressed. I thought it would be a little more immersive.

I'm wondering why the image isn't the full width of the display? The OSD extends to the edge but the image is not that wide. Is there a setting I'm missing to make it more full screen?

Merry Christmas!

Does it have 2D setting? Try that.

Love my Glyph(s). I use one for gaming on my PS4 Pro exclusively and I use one for FPV droning with my Phantom 4.

Playing Battlefield 1 on my PS4 Pro (or whatever game) is absolutely fantastic with the Glyph. Farilla.

I have everything I need now to FPV drone, including a really unique backpack, 1 of approx 198 so far. I haven't tried it yet because where I live is crazy during the winter time. We flew it from the car the other day, but the battery dies really fast in the cold, even when the battery is primed first (warmed up).

I have a 20000MaH battery pack, but for some reason I must have forgotten to charge it and we were doneski.

BlackBerry PRIV powered by android

That seems to have fixed it.

Is there a way to get the DJI Go voice prompts in the Glyph headphones?
I should really try it, but you could connect a passive audio cable from the Glyph to your phone or tablet running whatever app you use if you have a phone or tablet connected along with your Glyph using a USB hub.

As soon as spring rolls around I'm going to be FPV droning a lot. Until then I've got to seriously just play around.

All I have done so far is connect everything indoors and I also have the issue where the FOV is not the width of the Glyph display. By '2D setting' do you mean a DJI app setting or Glyph setting to get that to work? The Glyph is 2D by default and has to be switched to 3D or 360 degree, so that must mean this '2D setting' is in the app you're using? DJI Go app?

BlackBerry PRIV powered by android

To be honest, anything on my head is somewhat annoying, I dont even like wearing a hat etc. In wearing the Glyph I find it not really uncomfortable once you get used to it and using the head strap helps take the support & weight.
Hope this helps.

John
Prices have gone up to $549 now.

Those who missed the opportunity to get one may have to wait for another sale.

hi, did you ever get a Gliph .. and if so how would you rate them to Mybud glasses....would love to get Gliphs but need to be sure worth it as expensive to ship to UK...Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik