Avegant Glyph media wear for FPV- who will be the first to try?

I'll definitely post an update after a flight or two. I usually use an iPad Mini 3, and I can say without a doubt that the Glyph has a much better image, both in size and clarity. Another nice thing about the Glyph is that you can look below the image and still see the iPad to adjust camera settings, etc.. That feature will also be handy upon take-off, looking above the Glyph, where I want a direct visual on the phantom.

I should also mention that I am farsighted, and wear +2.50 readers or prescription glasses to see the iPad Mini 3 clearly. I am able to adjust the Glyph as needed to get an amazingly clear image without glasses.

Good to know because I need +1.50 reading and +4.00 with the Headplays as there is no adjustment.

Do you have the Pro version? I thinking the Adv model will not look as good.

Reactions: lone droner
Good to know because I need +1.50 reading and +4.00 with the Headplays as there is no adjustment.

Yes, I have the P3 Pro.

Received my HDMI adapter cable to try out the Glyph with my Phantom 3 Pro. Haven't flown it yet, but the image from the DJI GO app on the Glyph is Beautiful!! I've tried a few other FPV/VR solutions (Zeiss VR One, etc..), but nothing as come close to the clarity and sharpness of the Glyph. Even all of the Telemetry information is within the FOV and crystal clear. Can't wait to get it in the air..

To clarify my own post after playing a bit with some FPV apps I have tried with 3D/VR... It is not the DJI GO app that is feeding the Glyph. It is the controller HDMI adapter. With iOS It doesn't matter what app you are running (DJI GO, Litchi, AutoPilot etc...) on the iPad/iPhone, your image / telemetry info to the Glyph is the same as it comes from the HDMI board directly from the controller. I suppose you could get the output from one of the 3D apps (3D Camera, Drone Reference Cockpit, Litchi, etc..) if using an Android tablet with an HDMI output. The Glyph does amazing with 3D.

Thanks for giving first hand experience of the Glyph as they do look like the best option on the market for FPV flying with the phantom.

Did I read correctly that they will start selling them via Amazon from March or has it been put back a few months?

I haven't heard that before, but I would expect a delay. The best place to pick up one for quick delivery is eBay. If you order online, it states 8-10 weeks delivery. I believe they are still shipping to kickstarter backers, and haven't even gotten to the preorders yet.

I'll definitely post an update after a flight or two. I usually use an iPad Mini 3, and I can say without a doubt that the Glyph has a much better image, both in size and clarity. Another nice thing about the Glyph is that you can look below the image and still see the iPad to adjust camera settings, etc.. That feature will also be handy upon take-off, looking above the Glyph, where I want a direct visual on the phantom.

I should also mention that I am farsighted, and wear +2.50 readers or prescription glasses to see the iPad Mini 3 clearly. I am able to adjust the Glyph as needed to get an amazingly clear image without glasses.

Mike,
What is the verdict here, very interested to know how you like them with pros/cons if you could please.
Thank you....

Doesn't anyone see this as a bad idea? Not only does it remove your vision and ability to observe your surroundings, it also puts you into deaf mode too. You can't hear and you can't see. Seems like a really bad combo and puts you in serious contention for the next darwin awards.

these lens r great ..
I got some there made in Germany , RHO-lens.com customized for any eye sight ..!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie