Avegant Glyph media wear for FPV- who will be the first to try?

Reaction score
Apparently the Avegant Glyph media wear won "best of CES" the other week. Anyone planning to get for their P3? Appears you can maintain VLOS while wearing.... Anyone try them out at CES? They are on sale for $100 off through Jan 15 (today!)from their website. I want to know if they are worth considering.
Avegant Glyph | Home
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452959502.405194.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452959511.836536.jpg

TECH SPECS
Resolution
1280x720p per eye; 2 million micromirrors
Aspect Ratio
16:9
Field of view
~40° diagonal
Video & Audio Input
microHDMI
Audio-Only Input
3.5mm TRRS (standard AUX)
Frequency Response
20Hz-20kHz
Dynamic Range
95 dB
Battery Life
Up to 4 hours video playback, unlimited passive audio
Battery Type
Li-lon, Integrated
Battery Capacity
2060mAH
Charging Port
microUSB
Diopter Adjustment
+1 to -7 range
Headtracking
9 Axis IMU
3D
Supports 720p side by side (SBS) content
Updatable Firmware
For enhanced features and capabilities
Compatibility
Check requirements list[/B]

Last edited:
Ok, looks like I will be the guinea pig...ordered a pair. Worse case I'll enjoy watching movies with them

Its pretty cool tech. Been looking at it since its infancy. There is no SDE (screen door effect) as it uses mirrors to somehow make the black between the pixels disappear. Oculus and Vive should adopt this projection method instead of using a phone size panel half an inch from your eyeballs.

Getting ready to take the plunge. These look awesome. Wonder if they will pass the legal test of no FPV in the US, since you still have ~LOS. Regardless; still very appealing.

Ok, looks like I will be the guinea pig...ordered a pair. Worse case I'll enjoy watching movies with them

2nd2non it's been about 10 days since you ordered, did you get them yet and if so have you tried them?, would like to hear your review

Just ordered mine. Said 6-8 weeks delivery on their site. sigh..

Doesn't seem as immersive as other options. But slick looking regardless.

I saw them at CES.... but they are not going to be for me, at least not without a sunshade/visor of some kind. Also the audio is a waste. I would like audio, IF the P3 downlink actually had audio, I've always liked to hear the motors and wind in my FPV, gives another indication of what is going on....

I was extremely disappointing at CES tht there was not an FPV specific goggle with direct HDMI input. If there was a product there, I did not see it... and still waiting. I would think DJI would jump right on this accessory?!

2nd2non it's been about 10 days since you ordered, did you get them yet and if so have you tried them?, would like to hear your review
Nope. It said 6-8 week delivery. I've kinda already promised these to the wife as an anniversary gift. She watches movies or shows on her iPad all the time. I was thinking I could 'borrow' these for occasional FPV flying.

I did get my Accupix Mybud glasses from Korea. Hope to try these in the field in next week or so. There were some good comments from others on the forum

Nope. It said 6-8 week delivery. I've kinda already promised these to the wife as an anniversary gift. She watches movies or shows on her iPad all the time. I was thinking I could 'borrow' these for occasional FPV flying.

I did get my Accupix Mybud glasses from Korea. Hope to try these in the field in next week or so. There were some good comments from others on the forum

Interested in your comparison between the Glyph and the Mybud's. I was waffling between the two, but I chose to go with the Glyph.

Well, being impatient got the best of me. I purchased an Avegant Glyph on eBay, arriving tomorrow... So, excited. Hope to try it out soon, weather permitting. I still have my Glyph pre-order intact, but don't expect to see that for at least 6 more weeks. 2nd2non, how are your Mybuds working out?

Well, being impatient got the best of me. I purchased an Avegant Glyph on eBay, arriving tomorrow... So, excited. Hope to try it out soon, weather permitting. I still have my Glyph pre-order intact, but don't expect to see that for at least 6 more weeks. 2nd2non, how are your Mybuds working out?
The mybuds are pretty good. Better than other googles I've used (fat shark and boscam). They do irritate my nose after 15mins or so. Also, if I move around, the nose guard starts to move down, so I have to adjust. It gives the feeling of watching in a movie theater which works for me since I'm farsighted. Otherwise, I'm loving the pretty good color, clarity and light weight.

I still haven't heard or seen anything on my Avegant Glyphs, but it's only halfway through the estimated 6-8wk delivery. Plus since I order with the $100 discount, I guess I'll have to be patient.

The mybuds are pretty good. Better than other googles I've used (fat shark and boscam). They do irritate my nose after 15mins or so. Also, if I move around, the nose guard starts to move down, so I have to adjust. It gives the feeling of watching in a movie theater which works for me since I'm farsighted. Otherwise, I'm loving the pretty good color, clarity and light weight.

I still haven't heard or seen anything on my Avegant Glyphs, but it's only halfway through the estimated 6-8wk delivery. Plus since I order with the $100 discount, I guess I'll have to be patient.

Cool, thanks for the info on the mybuds. The price point is certainly better than the Glyph. I'll be interested to see what your opinion is after you have tried both. The CNY has certainly impacted the shipments of the Glyph, hopefully they will resume operations soon.

Received my HDMI adapter cable to try out the Glyph with my Phantom 3 Pro. Haven't flown it yet, but the image from the DJI GO app on the Glyph is Beautiful!! I've tried a few other FPV/VR solutions (Zeiss VR One, etc..), but nothing as come close to the clarity and sharpness of the Glyph. Even all of the Telemetry information is within the FOV and crystal clear. Can't wait to get it in the air..

Received my HDMI adapter cable to try out the Glyph with my Phantom 3 Pro. Haven't flown it yet, but the image from the DJI GO app on the Glyph is Beautiful!! I've tried a few other FPV/VR solutions (Zeiss VR One, etc..), but nothing as come close to the clarity and sharpness of the Glyph. Even all of the Telemetry information is within the FOV and crystal clear. Can't wait to get it in the air..

Would like to here your thought after you fly a few times on these goggle.

I have the Headplay goggles and they have a pretty sharp image but still not as good as the iPad.

And the Headplay's are so big they are a pain to use.

Would like to here your thought after you fly a few times on these goggle.

I have the Headplay goggles and they have a pretty sharp image but still not as good as the iPad.

And the Headplay's are so big they are a pain to use.

I'll definitely post an update after a flight or two. I usually use an iPad Mini 3, and I can say without a doubt that the Glyph has a much better image, both in size and clarity. Another nice thing about the Glyph is that you can look below the image and still see the iPad to adjust camera settings, etc.. That feature will also be handy upon take-off, looking above the Glyph, where I want a direct visual on the phantom.

I should also mention that I am farsighted, and wear +2.50 readers or prescription glasses to see the iPad Mini 3 clearly. I am able to adjust the Glyph as needed to get an amazingly clear image without glasses.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2nd2non and Juhead
I'll definitely post an update after a flight or two. I usually use an iPad Mini 3, and I can say without a doubt that the Glyph has a much better image, both in size and clarity. Another nice thing about the Glyph is that you can look below the image and still see the iPad to adjust camera settings, etc.. That feature will also be handy upon take-off, looking above the Glyph, where I want a direct visual on the phantom.

I should also mention that I am farsighted, and wear +2.50 readers or prescription glasses to see the iPad Mini 3 clearly. I am able to adjust the Glyph as needed to get an amazingly clear image.

Thanks for giving first hand experience of the Glyph as they do look like the best option on the market for FPV flying with the phantom.

Did I read correctly that they will start selling them via Amazon from March or has it been put back a few months?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers