Aux power shorted (video& power downlink ribbon wire on leg)

Reaction score
I either accidentally incorrectly installed the power for my avl58 vtx and may have shorted the power out. When I opened the body I smelt a little burn and some black was visible on the video and power output ribbon wire. On the main board. I checked and all was still fine with my phantom flies fine . I soldered another better wire to get power for the vtx. Anyway is this wrong ? Should the ic that is burnt at the power out be replaced ? Should I worry as everything else is fine.
My stock phantom2 charger blinks red and green and does not charge the battery. :?: can it be fixed easily?
Also I no longer use my stock charger instead use my lipo charger and cut of the pin and soldered to the output. I noticed my batteries only charge to about 90% when I connected to the PC to see the voltage. Any idea why? I use 4000mah output on my lipo charger. http://www.ev-peak.com/AK610AC.html

Re: Aux power shorted (video& power downlink ribbon wire on

rcimpulse said:
I either accidentally incorrectly installed the power for my avl58 vtx and may have shorted the power out. When I opened the body I smelt a little burn and some black was visible on the video and power output ribbon wire. On the main board. I checked and all was still fine with my phantom flies fine . I soldered another better wire to get power for the vtx. Anyway is this wrong ? Should the ic that is burnt at the power out be replaced ? Should I worry as everything else is fine.
My stock phantom2 charger blinks red and green and does not charge the battery. :?: can it be fixed easily?
Also I no longer use my stock charger instead use my lipo charger and cut of the pin and soldered to the output. I noticed my batteries only charge to about 90% when I connected to the PC to see the voltage. Any idea why? I use 4000mah output on my lipo charger. http://www.ev-peak.com/AK610AC.html

The "charger" you're no longer using is just the voltage regulator for the charger that's built in to the P2's battery...you don't need to use your lipo charger for it, and right now you're only feeding it 4A. Your nice charger is nothing more than an overpriced wall-wart when used that way.

So u mean any 4amp input will do the same job I need not go into lipo charge am I correct ? :

rcimpulse said:
So u mean any 4amp input will do the same job I need not go into lipo charge am I correct ? :

Correct, that will put in the same current you are now, but I doubt 4A is what the DJI batt requires...the original regulator unit should have its output listed on it somewhere (or in the documentation). It probably charges the battery at closer to 5A or more, so you'll need that plus some at least.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj