Aux power on 1.1.1

Reaction score
I am getting ready to add a gimbal to my phantom and would like to know if the aux wires that come out the 4th leg has enough power to run both the gimbal and a 250mw vtx.

Hey guys, sorry to turn this post into a walker... But I have the very exact same set up. How did you use the Aux power cable for the Gimbal AND the TX? Did you figure it out how to use it?

Hey guys, sorry to turn this post into a walker... But I have the very exact same set up. How did you use the Aux power cable for the Gimbal AND the TX? Did you figure it out how to use it?
I added two male JST connectors to the grey and black wires of the aux power leads. The connectors came with leads attached (black and red). I soldered the two black leads from the two connectors to the grey lead (very small gauge wires they are!) and two red leads to the red aux and used shrink tube over the connections. One power lead for my fpv tx and one power lead for my gimbal. Each of those accessories uses a female JST connector for the connection. Slid the extra wire inside the Phantom. I got the connectors with leads attached from Amazon.

The aux power of P1.1.1 comes out from a leg with 2 wires(without connector): Red is "+" and Grey is "-".
You can connect in parallel as many devices as you like(be carefull to the overall power consumption), even using different connectors.
What you have to be carefull is that all "+" of the connectors to your devices are connected together and to the Phantom Red wire and all the "-" of the connectors to your devices are connected together and to the Phantom grey wire. With this parallel connection it is NOT mandatory that you always connect ALL devices to the Phantom: you can leave one or more devices disconnected, according to your needs.
On the market you can find pre-formatted cables like this set:

Special Design 10 Pairs 150mm Male and Female JST Connector Plug Line for RC BEC Lipo Battery

The example is for JST connectors, but you can find cables like the shown for virtually any type of connector: again what is important is that you DO NOT MIX positive and negative leads.

That was exactly my question... If I could use this lead to power the TX and the Gimbal at the second time.
I see the leads but I cannot reach it. I guess I will have to open up and push it down, right?
8be840183e44d7c79b662eccf54c92aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

That was exactly my question... If I could use this lead to power the TX and the Gimbal at the second time.
I see the leads but I cannot reach it. I guess I will have to open up and push it down, right?
8be840183e44d7c79b662eccf54c92aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Grab the lead with tweezers and it will pull out a few inches. No need to open shell. Don't have flight battery connected though while doing this.

Wat gimbal are you using/ And where did you buy it? If right, a cable came with the gimbal wich you connect to the red plug (It is the same color) and the end of that cable is for soldering to the aux (inside the phantom)
mq2ZaeD.jpg

Or you can power your gimbal by plugging one end of the cable male to male lead into the f2 of the naza and the other end to the pit spot on a walkera g-2d gimbal it works just fine and also allows pitch control.

DSCN9307.JPG
Wat gimbal are you using/ And where did you buy it? If right, a cable came with the gimbal wich you connect to the red plug (It is the same color) and the end of that cable is for soldering to the aux (inside the phantom)

I have this low cost gimbal:

FPV 2 Axis Brushless Gimbal With Controller For DJI Phantom GoPro 3

that you can find also on www.goodluckbuy.com.
It comes with a female JST connector. I solderes a male JST connector on the 2 wires coming out from the front right leg of the Phantom to get power from the Phantom battery. Up to here it is not necessary toopen the Phantom case.
Then I used ONLY the signal wire from the Naza F2 port to drive the gimbal pitch from the Phantom radio: in this case I had to open the Phantom case.
In the picture(left side when you watch) you can see the AUX wires pulled out from Phantom case and the 2 JST connectors.

Last edited:
My gimbal just got here, it is exactly like the cheap one posted above by gianni_BT. I think I could make sense of the cables. Hopefully by just connecting the 2 cables to the NAZA will give it power AND pitch control, if not, I will just use the power lead on the 4th leg that I am already using to power my TX to also power the gimbal.

I will let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully I don't brick anything.

Hopefully by just connecting the 2 cables to the NAZA will give it power AND pitch control.

If you want to power the gimbal from the Naza, you need 3 wires (+,- and signal). If you use the aux power it is necessary only 1 wire (signal). I would suggest the second one, but is just my opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj