Autopilot

Reaction score
I have an App called Autopilot, l am at the moment using Dji Go, but wanted to know if anyone uses Autopilot to pilot their P3pro?
Thank you for any responses

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have an App called Autopilot, l am at the moment using Dji Go, but wanted to know if anyone uses Autopilot to pilot their P3pro?
Thank you for any responses

If this is the app
Autopilot - app.jpg
you are thinking of using from Amazon, I would ask what is your purpose for using this. Have you read the reviews for this app.

Autopilot is only on iOS / App Store . Many use it as well as other 3rd party apps. Plenty to find with a simple search

03969b2ec52116743a7b81252ec91a4c.jpg

No it's the App on apple

Autopilot is only on iOS / App Store . Many use it as well as other 3rd party apps. Plenty to find with a simple search

Thanks for the clarification. Many people are using Apple's versus Androids. You never know. Guess that is a good thing to mention when asking questions about apps etc.

I have it and am testing the functions of the software. I will have to go back through the tutorials to make sure I understand how each function works. My setup is the following.
P3P
iPad Air 2 Wifi/Cellular
AutoPilot

i do. If your question is what it does that Dji go doesn't I highly recommend you watch the into clips on each of the flight modes on the autoflightlogic website. There are several threads here on the forum talking about autopilot, worth the read as you get the benefit of direct real world user experience.

I use autopilot all the time, watch the videos on YouTube, it's amazing when you get your head around it. It's made for pros

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I fly with Litchi and DJI GO. Litchi has done a great job with extra features like POI, Groundstation Etc. compared to DJI GO. And I haven't had any bugs with it. Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire

I am using Autopilot, and is "fantastic", you can Follow a target even with altitude changes, Orbit around a target, design a line on a map and leave the Phantom follow that line with a focus on a particular point on the map, design a complex line on the map with many waypoint to reach and many target to film at or take pictures ... everytime with the software that take care of gently move the camera to continuously focus on the target you choose ... and more ... is really cool!

PS. Litchi is more adapt for Android, Autopilot is more focused on iOS

I apologioze for4 the noobness of the question, but does dji go have to be on or used at all with autopilot? I guess does autopilot replace or accompany dji go?

I apologioze for4 the noobness of the question, but does dji go have to be on or used at all with autopilot? I guess does autopilot replace or accompany dji go?

Is not at all a noobness question, that is not clear in the Autopilot Flight School (Flight School - Autoflight Logic), but reading all somewhere you can find that is better to use one application at time, in any case, if needed you can override Autopilot and drive your Phantom 3 like you do normally with GO

so should I leave 'go' closed or keep it open in the event that I need to override 'autopilot'?

so should I leave 'go' closed or keep it open in the event that I need to override 'autopilot'?
I do this way:
- to be safe I mark the home point with GO, after I close GO
- put the RC on F mode,
- I run Autopilot, choose the mode (Orbit, Follow, Waypoint ...), engage the flight and leave Autopilot take care of all (you don't have to control the flight, that is done by Autopilot starting from the take off managed by Autopilot)
- At the end of the flight, I override Autopilot putting the RC mode on P and land

Reactions: Fir3b1rd
Bought it but never used it as it is too complicated and learning curve tools to long. Since the first version looks like they gave away for free extra type of flights. That was another draw back that stopped me from using it. Now I prefer Litchi and FPVCamera or DJIGo

Bought it but never used it as it is too complicated and learning curve tools to long. Since the first version looks like they gave away for free extra type of flights. That was another draw back that stopped me from using it. Now I prefer Litchi and FPVCamera or DJIGo
never heard of either one. Don't want to hijack the thread though. I'll look into them before I buy.

d drive your Phantom 3 like you do normally with GO
It is very simple to use, just requires a few video to see on the flight school, but the results are awesome, you can't achieve such results on your videos with only manually controlling the aircraft

I use it right now learning curve is true and seems to me slightly overrated

2JZ Powered Phantom 3

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20