Autopilot

Reaction score
Can autopilot be used instead of the app that comes with P3A?

it says available now
Correct -- it's available if you're running Phantom beta firmware.

but regardless when it "is" available, then?
Per their website:
"It will be released as soon as DJI releases the new firmware which supports the SDK for the Inspire 1 and Phantom 3."

I have an iPad 2 Air WiFi only and it does not have GPS. On the Autopilot website they mention using the XGPS150A Bluetooth GPS Receiver. Is internet required to use a WiFi only with a GPS receiver? If so, would a mobile hotspot work? Also, the app store will not let me purchase the app since it says the iPad is required to have cellular service. How do you get around this?

I have an iPad 2 Air WiFi only and it does not have GPS. On the Autopilot website they mention using the XGPS150A Bluetooth GPS Receiver. Is internet required to use a WiFi only with a GPS receiver? If so, would a mobile hotspot work? Also, the app store will not let me purchase the app since it says the iPad is required to have cellular service. How do you get around this?
You can purchase it now that 2.0 is available. No internet is required but it helps for loading maps, Flight School, etc.

How do you cache it on autopilot?

I might have misspoken. I thought that I had viewed my flight area in the app before I went to it and it was still there (and my air2 doesn't have cellular). But now, I can't guarantee that this wasn't the Go app. I will try this tomorrow at work. Sorry if I possibly steered you wrong on this one. I'll check within 12-16 hours.

Reactions: Baldo81

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav