Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Autopilot Waypoint Mission of property lines

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by J&L, Jan 31, 2016.

1. J&L

J&L

Finally some nice weather for once. So Since we've had nasty weather I have been creating missions with Autopilot. I need to figure out how to make the bird not jerk when it switches from one focus point to another any comments are greatly appreciated . Enjoy

eaglegoaltender likes this.
  2. phneeley

Do you have Subject Interpolation turned on (Previous and Next) on your Focus Triggers?

3. J&L

J&L

I'm not sure where do I find that setting?

4. eaglegoaltender

Nice job on your trial vids - very nice.

When you set up your "waypoints" - in the section for "headings" - tap "consistent with record" Vs "consistent with route" or "free".

The heading "consistent with record" is supposed to give the Phantom as smooth as possible flight.

"Consistent with route" will give you that "jerky movement".

Using heading "Free" will allow you to do the turns and rotations by hand at each waypoint.

This is good video as to set up and flight of your waypoints (around the 5:30 point of the vid gives good info as stated above). Good luck

Edit: oops never noticed you are using "'Autopilot" not the "Go App" - Thanks "shockwave"

#4 eaglegoaltender, Jan 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    J&L likes this.
  5. shockwave199

He's using auto pilot not the go app.

I think it's smooth, looks great. Focus point strategy is a little confusing as I watched the demo of it. Perhaps this video can help you with the speed and transition of them. Around the 12:15 mark covers it specifically.

eaglegoaltender and J&L like this.