Autopilot or litchi. Your thoughts

Reaction score
I downloaded Litchi for 14.99 but was wondering what people were saying about the extra $5? I'd it good enough or should I look into autopilot? I have an IPad 2air. I appreciate your opinions.
Thanks.

I use the Android version of Litchi which has more features than the iOS version (so far)... with iOS you only have access to FPV and GS modes (plus Mission Hub) but for the same price point... I'm not sure what the in-app purchase of $5 buys you in the iOS version... in the Android version, it provided access to Panorama and Focus modes but those aren't available yet in iOS...

I've heard that Autopilot can be much more complicated to learn but YMMV.

I've found that there is no single flight app which covers everything I want to do... so am using DJI GO, Litchi, Vertical Studio and Hivemapper so far... each fills a need or desire...

I just went and bought both of them on iOS this past weekend.

I am very new to this; and only have 2 flights under my belt. The first was at the height of maybe 15 feet and the second was at 98 feet. I want to get used to basic maneuvering, then I want to use some of the automated flight options that these two programs offer.

I've heard that Litchi is easier to use; but AutoPilot gives me a "Follow Me" option that automatically adjusts for altitude if I am climbing up a mountain. This summer I expect to have my P3P follow my trike for the last mile of an approach to the top of local dams and then do a quick panoramic flyover. This will give me a great keepsake from my trips instead of the usual photographs.

There are 17 dams within a 3 hour drive of Nashville; with another 13 or so within a day's ride. So I expect to build up quite the portfolio of videos.

Hopefully.... but first, I just have to get used to the basic controls.

Let us know how your experiences go with whichever app you decide to go with. I expect to use Litchi for flight 4 or so.

Jim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers