Autopilot for DJI IOS App - thoughts?

Reaction score
I know there are posts already on this subject but wanted some thoughts on the app in general. I had heard of it before but didn't know much about it. The reviews were good enough for me to purchase it but looks like a learning curve. Is anyone using it that can provide good insight? Thoughts? I'm a newbie. Thanks.

I purchased this, but I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet (the weather hasn't been cooperating lately). I have started going through their documentation and videos. It's very comprehensive and explains everything well. That information can be accessed via the "Flight School" section within their app.

Very interesting features with a sizable learning curve. Smoother video footage when it is steering.

There are several features I'm really missing from DJI Go like return to home, split view map/camera on my phone, calibrating my compass and camera controls. I don't like that there is no green line pointing back to me on the map. It makes it harder to get back to base.

I think they need to take some time away from innovating on new features and add some of the basics from the DJI app.

You can press and hold the RTH button to cancel it when your Phantom is near the home point. Then, just land it yourself.

How do you cancel in autopilot? It tried to cancel a RTH operation when I had low battery and I didn't seem to have the option to cancel.

Reactions: jimerb
How does Autopilot compare to FPV Camera + Mission Planner bundle?

I had FPV Camera and the Misson Planner but have yet to try it out.

Hold down the RTH button on your remote controller.
So let me understand what your are saying. If you are in autopilot and push and hold RTH button it will shut down autopilot and start up DJI GO? Or are you saying that it will land as normal and still stay in autopilot? Everything I read in autopilot is unclear on what will happen. Thanks.

So let me understand what your are saying. If you are in autopilot and push and hold RTH button it will shut down autopilot and start up DJI GO? Or are you saying that it will land as normal and still stay in autopilot? Everything I read in autopilot is unclear on what will happen. Thanks.
If you are using Autopilot and engage return to home , the Autopilot app will stay on and it will land. You are still able to control the craft during RTH.
It took about 10 minutes to setup this waypoint flight today.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jimerb
If you are using Autopilot and engage return to home , the Autopilot app will stay on and it will land. You are still able to control the craft during RTH.
To be more specific, the Flight Dashboard will show a yellow warning that says RC Override, which is the same warning that is displayed if you toggle the Flight Mode switch from F to P. In either case, Autopilot has been overridden by the RC.

How do you cancel in autopilot? It tried to cancel a RTH operation when I had low battery and I didn't seem to have the option to cancel.
You can also just flip the Flight Mode switch from F to P or P to F.

You can also just flip the Flight Mode switch from F to P or P to F.
So if I push RTH or go from F to P and it is on it's way home is it possible to reengage Autopilot and resume a mission? I have the app but am still working on learning all the ins and outs. Also waiting for some good weather here in the Willamette Valley.

It took about 10 minutes to setup this waypoint flight today.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That is cool but why was there so much flickering going on/

So if I push RTH or go from F to P and it is on it's way home is it possible to reengage Autopilot and resume a mission? I have the app but am still working on learning all the ins and outs. Also waiting for some good weather here in the Willamette Valley.
Not sure about pressing RTH again, but yes on the Flight Mode switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers