Autopilot Focus POI Mode - can it track a moving object?

Reaction score
I have a P3 Pro and I run an iPad mini 2. I bought Autopilot thinking that the t had the sam ability as Litchi to track a moving object that you draw a box around. I am now waiting wondering if autopilot can do this now. I have found info on using the focus poi mode but I can't tell if gps is required or not and it's too rainy here for me to test. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Unfortunately the iPad mini 2, while it will work with autopilot, is minimum spec. You will likely see app freezing/crash- the processor and memory intensive image recognition routines will likely give very dissapointing performance (the P4 has a dedicated soc to handle these functions).

I have a P3 Pro and I run an iPad mini 2. I bought Autopilot thinking that the t had the sam ability as Litchi to track a moving object that you draw a box around. I am now waiting wondering if autopilot can do this now. I have found info on using the focus poi mode but I can't tell if gps is required or not and it's too rainy here for me to test. Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If it's an object under your control that you want to track, you can use any iPhone 6 or later (with barometer) as a beacon for Autopilot to track/follow or focus on.

If that's possible - it's a far better way to do it than using ActiveTrack on Autopilot, Litchi or DJI Go. The iPhone constantly streams its location and barometer reading (for altitude) over the internet to Autopilot - so even if you briefly lose sight of the tracked object, tracking will continue. The altitude component ensures that as the tracked object goes up and down hills, Autopilot does the same so that it maintains the same distance above the tracked object through the entire flight.

The only drawbacks to the Airspace method are the requirements that the iPhone have cellular data enabled and be in an area with adequate cellular coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj