autopilot 'cruise' query/request...

Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the place to ask or not, but i have a P3 so figured I'd start here...

I've used the Autopilot app a fair bit, and one thing i'd like it to do is be able to 'take over' flying once I have the quad on the correct course/speed, without it stopping first. My request is not dissimilar to driving on a motorway with cruise control. You press the button and the cruise takes over at the same speed, and there is no detectable changeover.

In my exact case, I want to follow a boat, and then be able to switch to 'cruise' such that the phantom/inspire keeps going at the same course and velocity and my controls can switch to the camera/yaw. I know that i can set these settings manually and then start the engage sequence, but in the context of keeping accurate tabs on the boat, the engage process is too time consuming, and then I will have to change the speed/course to catch up, which will either leave me miles off course, or with a wrong speed/bearing set.

I can see there is a 'set course as aircraft heading' button, but what I'd really like is to pre-engage the craft, then fly manually to catch up with the boat and set myself with the correct pitch/roll, then re-engage with those exact settings, so autopilot takes over seamlessly and I am then able to control the camera. When required I can then disengage if the boat needs to turn around etc.

Is this something that can be done, or is it a feature request?

thanks,

Richard

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic