Autopilot and Orbit

Reaction score
Whenever I do an orbit in Autopilot, I get the following message:

Operator location accuracy is greater than 35 ft, do you still want to continue?

Does anyone know why this message appears?

Thanks

So you want to orbit operator? Does your tablet have a barometer? It is warning you that the position reference may exceed 35 feet so make sure you have a good error margin before engaging.

Yes I want to orbit the operator.
I am using an iPad mini gen 3.
So how do I change/fix the error margin?

Thanks

I'd wait for others to chime in here (I haven't owned a mini 3) however I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a barometer. In the absence of a barometer the operator altitude won't be accurate.

I'd wait for others to chime in here (I haven't owned a mini 3) however I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a barometer. In the absence of a barometer the operator altitude won't be accurate.
Nope, no barometer, you're correct. Mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro only ones that have it.

To do any kind of operation where you the pilot are a focal point then the quad has to know where you are, if your device doesn't have GPS in it then the app won't be able to determine your location thus you get the error. I have an iPad without GPS and can't use functions such as follow me etc

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

When your focus point is stationary there are ways of getting around the lack of gps on the operator. Before you engage the orbit, fly the drone over the position you want to focus on and select "use aircraft position". This will set the x and y axis for the focus point. Fly out to your radius and change the gimbal pitch to focus on your target. You've now set the z axis. Engage.
This is a loose description of how its done. But it should point you in the right direction. Lots of tutorials on you tube.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers