Autopilot 3.8 Released - Now Supports P4 Pro

Reaction score
I typically use Litchi, but I just received notification that Autoflight Logic just released an update to Autopilot that supports P4 Pro.

It's nice to have choices..

Changelog - Autoflight Logic

Last edited:
Never used this. Is this better than .... ?

Wish they'd make a video demonstrating the new features. They have pretty good ones as it is, but it is grueling to learn them all. Especially off their Flight School page.

Never used this. Is this better than .... ?
Better than what. Compared with Litchi and DJI go it is much more complicated and takes a long time to understand all the features.
The main advantage is the ability to control the camera angle and yaw in many different ways, it will fly supersmooth missions with fantastic cinematic effects, I use Litchi as well, which is much quicker for setting up a mission on the hub, but not as customisable.
Autopilot is complex and I would not recommend it as a first choice unless you are completely familiar with all the operations of aircraft.

Better than what. Compared with Litchi and DJI go it is much more complicated and takes a long time to understand all the features.
The main advantage is the ability to control the camera angle and yaw in many different ways, it will fly supersmooth missions with fantastic cinematic effects, I use Litchi as well, which is much quicker for setting up a mission on the hub, but not as customisable.
Autopilot is complex and I would not recommend it as a first choice unless you are completely familiar with all the operations of aircraft.

This is just the info I was looking for. You handled my ellipsis perfectly!.

Yeah, I gave up on Autopilot do to the UI but for those that stuck to it and figured it all out the capabilities are pretty good. I just wish it didn't require a PHD to use it.

Brian

Litchi just released their iOS app update today that supports the P4 Pro. :)

So I used autopilot a fair bit with my P4 but yet to use it on my P4P as I've been involved with a lot of mapping with DroneDeploy.
I've some potential jobs coming up on large building sites. The sites have been levelled and in various stages of development. Google Maps, as used by Autopilot, is obviously out of date on these complete redevelopments. I had the idea that I could potentially use maps created with DroneDeploy to assist with creation of my Autopilot missions on these sites. I see that Autopilot has the option of using hosted maps rather than the default Google Maps. I guess I would need to somehow host the maps somewhere? My maps would not have ground control points (mainly as I can't afford the premium DroneDeploy subscription that includes their use).
So, two questions really:
1. Is this reasonably achievable?
2. Can I somehow manually correct the maps - there are roads around the perimeter of the site that I could perhaps reference my maps against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autopilot looks interesting and might be fun to play with, but I don't want to downgrade to iOS in order to use it.

Reactions: Texacola

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers