Autonomous Waypoint Navigation and Camera Control with the FreeSkies Copilot

I met the three founding team members this week as well, great group of guys. Can't wait to test the beta version of this. If it works like I'm expecting, this will be the software that puts the P3 in an entirely new class of consumer drones.

This may get real interesting for me, I was just accepted by DJI to preform some beta testing. Not sure if it's firmware or app.. I just received an email saying I was accepted and will get more info soon. I have an iPad mini 2 and a iPhone 6 so I can get a run two app versions if needed.

Hi Everybody,

We are FreeSkies are simply floored by the amount of interest this has generated, and the number of beta sign-ups we've had. We'd like to take this opportunity to thank the community at Phantom Pilots for all the response we've received at home, across the US, and around the world.

We're sorry that we are not able to thank all of you individually, but will try to answer any questions you have. Of course, if there is something that we have not answered yet, or you would like to ask directly, please don't hesitate to email us at [email protected].

To everyone, welcome aboard, and have a good one!

As of right now, you are still restricted to development firmware to be loaded on the P3P before your APP will work. There is NO support for this on P3A because of DJI.

Hi Everyone,

FreeSkies sent a very important update this afternoon to all users who are currently signed up for the beta. This update included information concerning hardware and software compatibility for the initial release of the Copilot Beta. If you believe that you have signed up for the beta, but have not received any messages from us in the past 24 hours (please make sure to check your Spam folder), shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll get back to you.

Hi Everyone,

FreeSkies sent a very important update this afternoon to all users who are currently signed up for the beta. This update included information concerning hardware and software compatibility for the initial release of the Copilot Beta. If you believe that you have signed up for the beta, but have not received any messages from us in the past 24 hours (please make sure to check your Spam folder), shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll get back to you.
When are You going to tell everyone that currently developer firmware is required to be loaded on P3P and will only load over 1.1.9 or earlier and will not work on P3A.

In my opinion you should have been straight up front about this.

Last edited:
When are You going to tell everyone that currently developer firmware is required to be loaded on P3P and will only load over 1.1.9 or earlier and will not work on P3A.In my opinion you should have been straight up front about this.

Yeah, you screw it up. First of all - you said "Beta for P3" Now it is only for P3P, then you add iOS 9 only and 1.2.6. update will not work. What a bunch of.... (moderator will ban me if I continue my speech) see moderator - I am getting better

Reactions: Sammynels
When are You going to tell everyone that currently developer firmware is required to be loaded on P3P and will only load over 1.1.9 or earlier and will not work on P3A.

In my opinion you should have been straight up front about this.
Good grief! Are you just upset that you can't participate now?! I think it was something that wasn't thought of until just recently. I don't think they were "hiding" anything. The e-mail explained it all. Oh, BTW, I'm out too, as I have the 1.2.6 firmware installed. Bummer.

Reactions: dataway
Good grief! Are you just upset that you can't participate now?! I think it was something that wasn't thought of until just recently. I don't think they were "hiding" anything. The e-mail explained it all. Oh, BTW, I'm out too, as I have the 1.2.6 firmware installed. Bummer.

Yea, I'm out too ... at least I might have an opportunity to beta for DJI.

We're sorry that you won't be able to participate in the beta. We of course would love to have you, but unfortunately this issue is out of our hands. Hopefully DJI can implement a fix once the next revision of firmware is released.

On a side note, we will be releasing a video soon (sometime next week) showing a preview of the beta and it's functionality. You don't need any DJI firmware to enjoy that!

Is this being developed purely for ipod/ipad or will it be android based as well?

oops sorry just read it is lol

I think it was something that wasn't thought of until just recently. I don't think they were "hiding" anything.
I knew this requirement on their very first post.
No, they knew at the start, it is very clear in the DJI developmental efforts. However it is nice to see this work in IOS.

Last edited:
I knew this requirement on their very first post.
No, they knew at the start, it is very clear in the DJI developmental efforts. However it is nice to see this work in IOS.

When we began development, we were under the impression (as was the case at the time) that changing from the public firmware to the SDK firmware was possible with a hitch. This was because the most recent public firmware at the time did not have the issue that v1.2.6 has with downgrading to SDK firmware. We're sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Beta Testing, CoPilot, and Drone Center
Beta testing begins next week, CoPilot page launched, and Drone Center comes online

Hi Everyone,

FreeSkies is happy to announce that the beta launch of CoPilot begins next week. We will be selecting a group of 100 beta testers, so make sure to stay tuned! We would love to have each and every one of you receive a copy of our beta, but unfortunately this limitation is out of our hands. Beta sign-ups are still open. If you know someone who still hasn't signed up, send them to our sign-up form.

The CoPilot Info page is now live, with sneak peaks of the interface. Stay tuned for the teaser video. We encourage you to share this with your friends, family, and anyone who you think would be interested.

We understand you guys have many questions and concerns regarding the CoPilot, FreeSkies, or would just love to speak with our team. That's why we're proud to announce the FREESKIES DRONE CENTER. Check out our Knowledge Base to learn more about our company, our product, and drones in general. Catch up on the latest drone developments and FreeSkies updates in the News section. Sign up and join the discussion!

CoPilot is slated for full release in late September.

Happy Flying,
FreeSkies

Last edited:
Beta Testing, CoPilot, and Drone Center
Beta testing begins next week, CoPilot page launched, and Drone Center comes online

Hi Everyone,

FreeSkies is happy to announce that the beta launch of CoPilot begins next week. We will be selecting a group of 100 beta testers, so make sure to stay tuned! We would love to have each and every one of you receive a copy of our beta, but unfortunately this limitation is out of our hands. Beta sign-ups are still open. If you know someone who still hasn't signed up, send them to our site.

The CoPilot Info page is now live, with sneak peaks of the interface. Stay tuned for the teaser video. We encourage you to share this with your friends, family, and anyone who you think would be interested.

We understand you guys have many questions and concerns regarding the CoPilot, FreeSkies, or would just love to speak with our team. That's why we're proud to announce the FREESKIES DRONE CENTER. Check out our Knowledge Base to learn more about our company, our product, and drones in general. Catch up on the latest drone developments and FreeSkies updates in the News section. Sign up and join the discussion!

CoPilot is slated for full release in late September.

Happy Flying,
FreeSkies
Is there a sign up section on your site? URL??

Will this (and I imagine all such apps) have the same 5 mile no waypoint restriction mentioned by DJI? My favorite river by my house to fly up and down is just on the 5 mile perimeter, flying low and no where near the usual airport approaches, and well out of the no fly zone....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl