autonomous flight possible for marriage proposal?

Reaction score
I'm planning to ask my now girlfriend to marry me in the next couple of months and I would like to film the proposal using a P4. We're both avid hikers so my plan is to pop the question on top of a PNW peak.

I'm new to flying drones (don't own a drone yet) so my question is would it be difficult to program a autonomous flight to capture the moment? I want there to be some movement to the shot vs it just holding one particular frame, but I obviously can't be get down my knee to ask the question while piloting the drone.

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!

Probably would be easier and safer for your 'best man' to pilot the drone - may be possible for the pilot to be at the base of the peak to be discrete, also note most drones dont record sound so you might need a recorder in your vicinity to record the voice

Reactions: BarryP
Master the orbit function to film the proposal (no sound) or get an experienced flyer to capture the moment and you focus on your proposal. I noted that you don't own one yet so you may want to do a few trial flights first to understand what you are dealing with. It would be unfortunate to be about to propose and your drone starts doing something funky, like not moving due to sensor picking up an obstruction in the orbit radius, low battery, poor signal etc.

Last edited:
Master the orbit function to film the proposal (no sound) or get an experienced flyer to capture the moment and you focus on your proposal. I noted that you don't own one yet so you may want to do a few trial flights first to understand what you are dealing with. I would be unfortunate to be about to propose and your drone starts doing something funky, like not moving due to sensor picking up an obstruction in the orbit radius, low battery, poor signal etc.
You could set up a way point flight in advance and have the drone hover over the critical spot before letting your fiancee (assuming a yes) press the Return To Home button as confirmation of her acceptance.

Your too young to get married.

NoCo Drones

Hire someone to do it. If you're not willing to spend too much money on something that doesn't warrant it then you're not ready to be married.

Reactions: umneycreep
GMass thinks it's a great idea. Once you're divorced the beotch will be reminded of you every time she hears a drone or even a plane, making her pay for her mistakes forever....

Reactions: Rob1962
Come on gang.... that's pretty rude. If you can't contribute something to this post then let's spend your time and efforts somewhere else.

Thanks for the tips guys. 2 months after posting this thread, I proposed.

I ended up pre ordering the Mavic. I set it to orbit while asking her, with an incredible view in the background. I'll post the video in a day or so. Hope y'all will be proud. Came here with no flying experience whatsoever and you guys helped me pull off something she'll remember for a lifetime!

You guys rock!

Thanks for the tips guys. 2 months after posting this thread, I proposed.

I ended up pre ordering the Mavic. I set it to orbit while asking her, with an incredible view in the background. I'll post the video in a day or so. Hope y'all will be proud. Came here with no flying experience whatsoever and you guys helped me pull off something she'll remember for a lifetime!

You guys rock!
We all thought your proposal was up in the air. Now we know it was! Congratulations. Here's wishing you a long and happy marriage.

Reactions: John Locke
If you plan a 3pm wedding, and the photoshoot is during the golden hour, you've got another mission ahead. Be safe though. You'll need a best man that flies.:p

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj