autoland

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been able to find a fix for auto land kicking in at atti mode ?

Do you mean auto land when the battery level reaches a set point,?

This happens in GPS and ATTI mode, not sure about manual but as its a safety feature that is hard coded into the Naza unit then I expect it to happen in all modes.

In short there is no turning it off, but lets face it if your 400ft up and 1000ft out then its better to have it auto land than to just drop out of the sky, ouch

phantom65 said:
Just wondering if anyone has been able to find a fix for auto land kicking in at atti mode ?

yep, it's called pay attention to your battery level and return home yourself before your battery gets so low it goes into autoland.

Sorry guess I should have explained better, this issue happens when in ATTi mode and I'm ascending down at a slope so as to avoid prop washout. Having left stick at full descent rate as well (2.0m/s) causes flight control to kick in auto land, rendering control null in all directions and phantom hovers until sticks are centered to regain control, if left stick is not kept just above max. Descent same will occur, someone else had this same issue, its annoying at very least and I believe it shocks h33d when it occurs. Suspecting its a flight control firmware issue also to note I'm running 3.06 version

phantom65 said:
Having left stick at full descent rate as well (2.0m/s) causes flight control to kick in auto land, rendering control null in all directions and phantom hovers until sticks are centered to regain control, if left stick is not kept just above max. Descent same will occur, someone else had this same issue, its annoying at very least and I believe it shocks h33d when it occurs. Suspecting its a flight control firmware issue also to note I'm running 3.06 version

Now im lost, :?

so when your coming down from a height and your left stick is right down to the bottom, the unit ignores your TX and goes into auto land. ? but then you say that the phantom hovers until sticks are centered.

Then you say that if the left stick is not kept above just max, again i dont understand what you mean by this, can you clarify

Descending at a slope, left stick is at max descent (full down). Right stick is controlling forward pitch and right roll as an example, phantom will abruptly stop and level hover. Stick input is null until I recenter sticks at which time I regain control. Someone else experienced this same behaviour as well however I can't seem to find such post. If I hold left stick just above max. Descent rate, lets say as an example 1.5 m/ps it is fine. I fly atti. mode for the most portion of flights. tried it in GPs mode and operated without problems.

Are you talking about when the throttle gets locked down? At this point, you lose all control of everything but altitude control. If you hold down just to the point before it locks, you can still control movement. It's like a lock and forget feature that I'm not a fan of.

If this is not what you're talking about, my apologies.

Mine does that too - but I don't think it's in autoland.
As you've worked out, just hold the left stick a fraction above full down and come down the way you want to.

Apparently autoland occurs when the above happens and if you continue full down it begins to autoland. What firmware versions are you guys using mine is 3.06
And it seems only to happen in atti. mode, unless different in your cases, find this so annoying, especially from height alts.

Bloody new controller, mine is the original none locking version, but that's gonna change next week, thanks for the post though at least I will know what can happen

I had the same question when reducing altitude at max..not locked down, pitching forward and then as soon as I try to turn i.e. left stick all the way down and moved to the left or right, the copter quickly levels out like there is no input from the right stick or the left stick until the left stick is re-centered. after that all is good until you try the combo again......I was told this is normal

Sounds similar, like yourself descents at high alt. suck. Isn't fun when at 650 plus meters alt.

I never put my left stick in the down-(decent) lock position and thereby never experienced problems as the OP described.
Btw. Because I never use it, I ever consider to remove the downlock mechanisme out of the Tx. That seems to be a guite simple mode looking at the instruction-video posted on an other threat elswhere on this forum.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl