Auto vs Manual Channel

• Thread starter Deleted member 27337
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27337

If I set my HD channel to 'Auto' instead of 'Manual', will the FPV bitrate lower itself the further that I go out, or will it stay at 10Mbps for the entire flight?

Thanks

There seems to be an issue in bit rate setting. It moves to minimum many a times, I could not figure out the condition. I always fly in manual Chanel selection mode. I always start with max setting and don't care where it moves to.

If I set my HD channel to 'Auto' instead of 'Manual', will the FPV bitrate lower itself the further that I go out, or will it stay at 10Mbps for the entire flight?

Thanks
What bird are you flying? I believe the advanced will always be the lowest live stream bit rate regardless. I set my advanced to manual channel 20 a long time ago and dropped the bit rate down all the way- before knowing it's always on the lowest anyway. My live feed looks great and stays solid. Auto channel should be better in theory in case a channel gets bogged down but I got too unnerved by the glitchy behavior of the auto channel hopping. Channel 20 has been very good to me 100% of the time- so much so I don't even bother checking anymore.

What bird are you flying? I believe the advanced will always be the lowest live stream bit rate regardless. I set my advanced to manual channel 20 a long time ago and dropped the bit rate down all the way- before knowing it's always on the lowest anyway. My live feed looks great and stays solid. Auto channel should be better in theory in case a channel gets bogged down but I got too unnerved by the glitchy behavior of the auto channel hopping. Channel 20 has been very good to me 100% of the time- so much so I don't even bother checking anymore.

Thanks I'm flying a P3P & P4

Oh ok, cool. I don't put any stock in the quality of the live feed. At the lowest setting it looks absolutely fine to me for flying and never hangs. My feeling is that the less stress you put into the mix, the better. Lowest bit rate for flying and the elimination of auto channel in favor of one channel for flight has done well for me, but I only go out around 2,600 feet or so. I'm not into long distance flying. My settings have worked well this far. Experiment and see how it goes. Good luck.

When you change the fpv bitrate in the DJI Go app, does it affect the bitrate of the video coming out of the hdmi module as well?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik