auto takeoff to going haywire

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I had received my DJI p3 standard today and i was showing my friend the auto take off part of it, and as it took off, it rose the default 4 feet like it was supposed too, and went haywire and rammed into the wall across the room, we were indoors and I had beginners mode turned off, I believe the remote was not facing the drone if that matters but it put a few dents into the propellers and had to switch them out, i have not flown it since and I would like to know if there is a solution to this! it said it was ready for take off but after it crashed it said it was in atti mode, i don't quite know what that means yet and I am just a beginner, please help!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots.:)

The first thing you need to do before you fly again, is to download and read the full manual from Phantom 3 Standard - Specs, FAQ, manual, video tutorials and DJI GO - DJI . This contains a lot of information that you really need to to know to enable you to fly safely, including the different modes -(Atti etc.)-, and Return to Home settings.

Flying indoors is not something you should do until you are a really competent pilot ...outdoors in a wide open area is where you need to be for all your early flights, and get plenty of practice!

Atti mode means that your P3 is not using satellite information to hold its position, and relies on control inputs from you to keep it steady. -( all explained in the manual). As you were indoors, your P3 wasn't able to lock on to any satellites.

An important thing to do before your first flight is to calibrate the compass, and this has to be done in an open area away from any possible magnetic interference -(again, all explained in the manual).

Read the manual so that you know what you're doing.....and then go and have fun!

The P3s is not designed to fly indoors at all, you were lucky it headed for a wall. Anyway lesson learned.
As Rockydog says, take it outside, turn everything on and do your calibrations. Then show off its auto take off and hover, assuming it says you are in the green and good to go with gps.

Never ever ever ever fly your Phantom indoors - especially with the Standard which doesn't have optical flow (which would have helped, but it still would have been a bad idea). Without stable GPS locks it can't keep its position and will do exactly what you described.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4