Auto takeoff issue

Reaction score
Once I arm my motors my controller immediately says auto take off and you can hear the motors rev but it stays on the ground. Then I only have an auto land icon as if I am in the air all ready. Any ideas? I used the auto take off maybe 5 times and it worked perfect now all of a sudden this is how it's reacting.

If by arming your motors you mean pulling your sticks down and inward then the aircraft is doing what it is supposed to do. It should rev the motors twice and sit idling waiting for you to throttle up.
If you are using the auto take off command on the tablet then you need to do that first before arming the motors. The air craft will then rev twice and take off to the specified height.

Once I arm the motors after the initial 2 revs the controller says auto take off the drone tilts a little as if it were about to take off but just remains on the ground. Then the auto take off icon goes away as if it were in the air and the auto land icon appears but I am still on the ground

Try not arming the motors with the controller and only use the tablet auto take off. Once you arm them with the controllers it assumes you are going to do the rest of the take off manually. That's why it only gives you the option for auto landing.
Just for clarity the controller is the RC controller that came with the aircraft. The tablet is your iOS or Android device.

I don't want to use the auto take off I just want to take off manually but I feel like it's trying to auto take off on its own

The initial double rev and voice notification is normal. It should just sit and wait after the double rev which has been suspected of being designed to tighten the props.

Yup that is the problem. Perform an auto takeoff only from your tablet or phone. So find the auto takeoff icon in the pilot app and tap it. It will then confirm with a swipe (at least on the iOS version) before it does the double thrust engine rev and takes off to I believe a 4 foot standard height. Once you start the engines with the RC controller like you did in the video the aircraft assumes a manual takeoff and only gives the auto landing option.

Look for the up arrow
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438122606.874911.jpg

oooo ok so if i want to auto take off just press auto take off do not arm the engines first..
Thanks a lot man i guess the first few times i tried it thats the way i did it.

Remember to do it with the props on as I would assume the aircraft would look to adjust its height to 4 feet after takeoff. Doing it without the props may be problematic and may lead over revving engines as it struggles to achieve the programmed height.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20