Auto "return to home" Crash

Reaction score
Well, this was only my 5th FPV flight and I got too comfortable flying around terrain, I flew too low and went around a point on a lake, losing reception with my stock radio, the video shows what happened. The landowner next door to this was pissed too, accused me spying on her. REALLY??? I only found the craft because she was looking for it and her dogs were freaking out. I calmed her down :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKGm9oJBD7Q

poostik said:
Ugh. These crashes are painful to watch.

Did you break anything big?

I know UGhhhh. I got a sick feeling when my FPV screen went "snowy" and lost the dignal, I did however still have audio, and I heard the crash on my TV. I thought to myself, its gone now, and my wife is going to kill me lol. However, I did find it in under 5 minutes. Only damage was a crack on 1 of the carbon fiber props, I already replaced it, and the zenmuse mount is bent a bit, it still works, but the gopro is on about a 3 degree tilt now from true horizontal. I'll look for a new H3-2D mount. any suggestions where to look?

ooohhh, nohhh...! those trees must be taller than 60 or 80 feet as required height to "go home" mode. i wonder if we can re-set that default height requirement.

you got lucky on 1st & 2nd trees..but, not on 3rd , sorry...

mtpisgah said:
ooohhh, nohhh...! those trees must be taller than 60 or 80 feet as required height to "go home" mode. i wonder if we can re-set that default height requirement.

I'm still on v1.8 - you couldn't modify in that version. Not sure if they've added the option to modify it to v2 or 3.

Not sure where you can get a replacement Rocky. I just ordered a new one when mine busted (from crashing into a tree.) I read recently that some people have sent theirs in for repair. I've also read people attempting to repair their own with parts. When I got my replacement, I sold my busted one through the classifieds section in this forum.

Thanks for the info guys. Yeah those trees are Douglas Fir, and they are huge trees here in BC, Canada. I got lucky for sure that I even found the P2, and that damage was minimal, I cringe every time I watch it. :cry: Slow motion was cool though, you get to see how many times it tumbled. :eek:

spying,on Canadian women.lol.not unless you got a flannel fetish.haha,all kidding aside,bummer.at least you got it back.thought it was suppose to climb first.

You're lucky it fell all the way down to the ground. Would have sucked getting it out if the tree. Of course it flies directly into the biggest tree it could find.

I wish when it lost signal that the dji would ascend call it 100+ft then return home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj