Auto pilot versus Litchi/ Go

Reaction score
I see a lot of Q& A about Litchi and Go but not a lot about Autopilot? Their app seems way more intense with way higher reviews than both DJI and Litchi combined! I'm thinking of taking the plunge...anyone have experience with them?

autoflight.hangar.com
5b9ed8af8715adbb924704ee84f617e4.jpg

Appreciate the quick response...just had some issues with Litchi disconnecting while only 125 feet away in FPV Mode. Certainly would worry about flying with waypoint mode with disconnects like that!

Appreciate the quick response...just had some issues with Litchi disconnecting while only 125 feet away in FPV Mode. Certainly would worry about flying with waypoint mode with disconnects like that!
What model of Phantom?
Litchi crashed or what, because litchi doesn't make the connection?

Rod

Disconnects in waypoint mode will finish out the mission.

I use litchi and autopilot. Autopiilot allows more precise control in waypoint missions where you have a connection to the AC (with a steeper learning curve). In most instances there is nothing between them, this is especially true for LCMC.

P 3 Standard. The app disconnected, still had RC control. I messaged Litchi on FB and here is their response.

Hi,

The DJI dev kit support for the p3 standard is not as good as it is for other drones (mostly because it uses wifi rather than lightbridge). For example you will notice the video signal (the one on the right) sometimes going from 100 to 33% in one split second then back to 100% (you can barely notice the change). This is something we cannot explain either, but it is raw data we get from the SDK. Maybe DJI Go only shows an average over time rather than the current value, we don't know as we can't see their code and they don't make this clear. The fact you use an antenna mod it may also affect this.
That being said, the iphone 6s should give you relatively good results normally, assuming no background apps, but the ipad air 2 is definitely more powerful.
I believe you can reload the firmare using the DJI assistant but I don't think it is compatible with the p3s unfortunately.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj