Auto land - signal loss <50m. from home?

Reaction score
I have a brand spanking new P2V3, with zenmuze, an immersion 600mah, mini iosd FPV setup, all with the latest updates.
On my maiden flight the drone switched in to fails safe mode and proceeded to fly back about 30meters away from my location. I recovered the controls by switching S1 to failsafe and back to GPS.
Further testing is revealing a consistent tendency to enter FS mode, ascend to 20m, fly back home, at around 30-50m from my home location.
The FS settings in the Phantom assistant are at 120m altitude and 1600m distance. I don't understand what is happening?
I've tried this with the immersion TX powered on and off, I get the same thing.
Please help!

Thank you

Well two things can cause RTH, low battery if you have it set for such (with the assistant s/w) or los of control signal.

Low battery condition/situation should coincide with red flashing lights under the arms

Loss of signal can commonly be local interference or an actual issue with the Tx or Rx side of the system.
Try futher eliminating possible on-board sources of interference by turnng off all accessories and inspect your antennas and connections.

Definitely not a low battery. I will try turning off more accessories, which I guess means disconnecting the mini iosd as well as the video transmitter. Is there anything else I can turn off?
Thanks for you help

Everything you can to be sure you've covered it all.

Next I'd be looking at antenna cables and connections.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers