Auto Home

Reaction score
Hello, when losing signal and the Auto Return mode initiates, is there a way to take back over the remote when the drone is closer again?
Thanks!

Fly2e said:
Hello, when losing signal and the Auto Return mode initiates, is there a way to take back over the remote when the drone is closer again?
Thanks!
Yes by flipping S1 (right switch) you can regain control. Are you running in Phantom Mode or NAZA-M?

NAZA mode is a good way to test as you can invoke return home easily.

Here is from the manual

When the S1 switch is switched to Position-1, toggle
the S1 switch to any other position once to regain
control. If the Remote Control signal is recovered,
control is returned to the pilot

Hey welcome to the hobby. But seriously... if you don't know about S1 I'm thinking you maybe haven't done your homework.

I was exactly like that. Wanted to get out flying fast. I read the manual quickly and headed out. Had a Return To Home happen just like you except on it's way back there was a tree in the way. I hit the left switch to regain control a few times instead of the right (doh!!) and the drone smacked into the tree. Camera went flying and it cost me $750.

If I was in your shoes, using hindsight, I'd stop flying right now and read read read. Check out the guide in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23597

Have fun!

Let me add to rbhamilton's advice. After you read read read, watch a few of the excellent videos you can find on YouTube demonstrating the various switch settings and how to use them. Then, find yourself a big open field somewhere and practice all of the options with the Phantom in clear view before venturing out into the drone eating real world landscape.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik