Auto Go home override behavior questions

Reaction score
I had a recent incident where my DJI Phantom Advance was running low on battery and auto initiated a return to home sequence. Regrettably I was under a tree when this happened when the phantom started to elevate. I'm fairly confident that I mashed the throttle down as soon as the autopilot started trying to elevate the bird to my programmed return home height, but it had no effect and I hopelessly watched the bird tangle with the branches.

Good news is that other than busted props it survived the drop, but I would like some help analyzing the data to validate the following:

1) Can the pilot override the auto elevation on a go home event by mashing the throttle down? I believe the answer is no, but I don't know how to prove that I did mash the throttle down. Does the large negative value in cell CC349 indicate my pushing down on the throttle? One thread I read indicated that the Android may not log the stick positions, so I don't know if this is the right column to analyse. If the android app does not log stick positions on the phone, is there a log on the bird that I can access with this data?

2) Does the log show how hard the auto pilot was pushing up on the throttle? Maybe it was just pushing harder than I was. If so, would this be a programming error?

3) At row 333 it looks like it decided to go home. Any way to tell what batter % was on the screen at the time? I know it was under 30%, but I'm pretty sure it was over 20%.

Further details to help with the analysis:
  • P3Advance, firmware 1.19, Android Pilot app v1.20 on Samsung S5
  • I believe I was only about 30 feet from the home spot at the time of the go home event.
  • Just prior to the go home event on row 333 I had a slight right stick, and little to no vertical input.
  • The attached comprehensive log was generated from this page: http://www.djilogs.com/

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2015-06-28_[07-52-13][1].txt.Comprehensive.zip
    22.3 KB · Views: 226

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1