Auto focus potential issue?

Reaction score
Just been taking my new P4P out and did some shots on a dull late afternoon when it was about hr from getting dark. Got back and my photos aren't focused very well.

Its set to autofocus but doesn't seem to be getting the focal points sharp today. Does anyone find you have to manual tap on tablet screen where to focus regularly? I have a feeling it could also be due to not been that bright out there but wanted to see peoples views.

I took some other photos on it a few days before and it was fine, just want to be sure theres no issue.

Cheers,

Attachments

• DJI_0002.JPG
    DJI_0002.JPG
    6.6 MB · Views: 479
Not sure if you can see from attached file but the castle is bit blurry and out of focus.

Not sure if you can see from attached file but the castle is bit blurry and out of focus.
My go-to advise here which is easy to do and easy to remember is:

Just after takeoff (or before if possible), find a distinct object in the distance, such as a tree, a building or anything with a edge. Tap-to-focus and wait for the green confirmation box. A red box means that focus failed.

You have now effectively focused at infinity. Do not refocus during the flight.

Reactions: katty91
Are u tapping screen to focus? Also autofocus on p4p isnt literally autofocus its more like a focus assistant just tap screen....i know u said u set it to auto focus but u still have to tap the screen. If u do what this guy above says that will get u to affinity focus. Pretty much everything will be in focus. If u want a specific building or person just tap screen where they are

Reactions: katty91
My go-to advise here which is easy to do and easy to remember is:

Just after takeoff (or before if possible), find a distinct object in the distance, such as a tree, a building or anything with a edge. Tap-to-focus and wait for the green confirmation box. A red box means that focus failed.

You have now effectively focused at infinity. Do not refocus during the flight.

Thanks a lot :) just the type of advise I was looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen