Auto Exposure Bracketing

Reaction score
Ok guys so I have taken some 3 shot burst AEB photos, and I've uploaded them to Lightroom. What should I be trying to do with the 3 AEB photos to make it look better? How do I go about choosing the one that will be best? Thanks guys!

The reason for taking bracketed photos is to merge them together to more dynamic range, not to just use one of them. In Lightroom, grab all 3 photos then right click. Click on merge to HDR. This will merge those photos together. From there adjust the sliders to your liking.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't think Lightroom 5 has the option to merge them. Lightroom 6 does. You would have to use another program to do that. Photomatix would be one.

Using bracket images to create an HDR image is one way to use brackets.
But it doesn't always make for an improvement.
Some lighting situations and subjects are suitable while others won't see any improvement.

Another use for bracket exposures is to have a couple of different images to choose from when lighting conditions are tricky.
It's a lot easier to shoot 3 or 5 in those situations to ensure that one image will be usable rather than finding out when you get home that you're subject is a dark blob because the camera exposed for the bright sky.

Reactions: bobmyers
help...
how set step when using brackets exposures?
DJI Go, android...P3P

help...
how set step when using brackets exposures?
DJI Go, android...P3P

hold down shutter button, a wheel will open, AEB option should be 3rd one down...it has sort of sideways lines across the box, select it, choose 3 or 5 shot, and hit the shutter button again.

if you mean how to set stops, you cant, they are pre-determined, but i dont know the spread

hold down shutter button, a wheel will open, AEB option should be 3rd one down...it has sort of sideways lines across the box, select it, choose 3 or 5 shot, and hit the shutter button again.

if you mean how to set stops, you cant, they are pre-determined, but i dont know the spread

Its ONLY the shutter button in the app, not the TX.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj