auto discharge storing battery

Reaction score
what is the best way to discharge my phantom vision 2 battery if its at full charge and im not going to be using it for some time, I know go out and fly it but its real wet here right now so gonna wait I have heard take props off and let it run is that good for it? how long does that take to bring the battery say down to 50% how long will it take roughy if I just turn the copter on and let it sit without the blades running to take the battery down to 50%? Just dont want to wreck the battery by leaving it fully charged

I believe running it is the only way unless you have the newer batteries that auto discharge. I have run mine while holding it down to discharge. I believe running it with the blades on will discharge much faster with the wind resistance. I don't thimk running it without blades is bad but maybe others have a better answer for that.

Geo

One thing to be wary of is that if you start it and leave idling it can start to spool up and tip over.
If you strap it down with props on it's still all quite scary indoors.
It is a real problem if it's just impossible to fly outside,
You could probably rig up a 12V bulb to drain it,
Quite easy if you had a connector from old charger etc.

Last edited:
if you are not in a big hurry to get it back down to 50% Even if you just put the battery in and turn on the phantom with out the motors running it will drain down the battery in a few hours. Just from the LEDs flashing. As long as you dont go blind before its done lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic