Auto Braking

Reaction score
While flying my Phantom I was scared that I was going to roll it during auto braking. When I fly fast, I try to slow down as gradually as possible, but still, the auto braking feature makes the Phantom Pitch and/or Yaw alarmingly hard, sometimes at nearly 75 ish degree angle. Is there a way to turn this feature off or slow the Phantom down without using the auto braking?

You can do a few things. Either gradually release the throttle so it does not brake so hard. Or, adjust the brake (see more here). If you reduce the brake, your Phantom is then going to coast some as it comes to a stop. So, make sure you test it out above all obstacles so you can see how it reacts to your changes in the DJI GO app.

I dropped mine down as low as it would go but really didn't see much difference abobro .
I just do as you do and slow up before I want to stop .

Controlling the throttle is really the best way to handle it. That way you can keep the brake at 100% and still be able to stop on a dime if needed.

Controlling the throttle is really the best way to handle it. That way you can keep the brake at 100% and still be able to stop on a dime if needed.
Well it does stop it :)

While flying my Phantom I was scared that I was going to roll it during auto braking. When I fly fast, I try to slow down as gradually as possible, but still, the auto braking feature makes the Phantom Pitch and/or Yaw alarmingly hard, sometimes at nearly 75 ish degree angle. Is there a way to turn this feature off or slow the Phantom down without using the auto braking?
If you fly in Atti mode it won't auto brake

Reactions: abobroff8
You are correct ...I met a tree that way one time with a Vision :)
That is good to know. Didn't ever had an occasion where that would have happened. Nice to see reference to our P2V's now and then though;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Mine stops like that also,I use these settings and it takes the jerk away.
If you update firmware they all go back to stock.

Attachments

• 1451369983893.jpg
    1451369983893.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 455
Reactions: abobroff8

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost