Autel vs P4P

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time finding anyone comparing the 4 pro to the x-star premium. Lots comparing P3 but not the P4P.
What are some features of the P4P that you wouldn't want to give up by switching to an Autel?

I'm having a hard time finding anyone comparing the 4 pro to the x-star premium. Lots comparing P3 but not the P4P.
What are some features of the P4P that you wouldn't want to give up by switching to an Autel?
There is no comparison.
The Autel machine uses technology from before Lightbridge which DJI introduced back in 2015 with the P3 Adv and Pro.
It's picture breaks up at distance.
The P4 pro has a real 20 MP camera with full control rather than a crummy mobile phone camera.
There's also a bunch of other things like object avoidance, advanced flight modes and being able to use 3rd party software like Litchi or mapping and survey applications.

Reactions: bkushner
I own an Autel X-Star Premium. In addition to what Meta4 mentioned above, here are a few other items:
  • There aren't as many replacement parts & accessories available
  • Since there aren't as many owners, forum existence/participation is lacking
  • There were no flight logs available up until yesterday (not sure how they compare to DJI's)

Reactions: bkushner
Thanks. I definitely wouldn't want the video feed to break up or go out on me. I've seen the Litchi demo'd and it looks great...but I know the Autel app has the good waypoints function that DJI lacks...Still.

Reactions: AyeYo
FWIW, Autel has excellent customer service & the ability to upgrade the camera is huge. I'm a fan of DJI & love my P4P, but I'm excited to see what Autel comes out with later this year. It should be a vast improvement over last years X-Star Premium model. I also love the much easier to see orange color. Competition is good & there's really only Autel & Yuneec currently vying for second place.

I guess you can call Autel the under dog, because I don't think there is any other drone out there that come close to DJI then Autel... or is there ???

I own a P4P and I think everyone know that they have the best drones but one vast difference is they have horrible customer service that needs a lot of improvement.

I read on another forum where someone said "if you buy it on amazon, you can return it". But why wouldn't I be able to return a P4P to somewhere like BestBuy if there was some kind of defect?

Amazon makes it super easy to return unwanted/defective items. That doesn't mean other sellers don't allow returns though. Check their return policy carefully to figure out which type of returns they accept and the length of their return policy.

I'd much rather have the quality & dependability of a Phantom over an Autel....because really, how often will you have to deal with customer service. Not that Autel makes a bad bird, it's just no DJI.
That said, with this whole geofencing issue DJI has forced on us, Autel is slowly creeping up the ladder.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20