Australian rpas training

Reaction score
Just been googling around and only found one course running in newcastle. I'm actually near coffs but theres nothing round here that I can find. (I know some folk in newcastle).

Was slightly gobsmacked :eek: that the course was $4K. I thought I'd be up for 2ish. I only need the basic course not the one for big arse drones. Any ideas?

Just been googling around and only found one course running in newcastle. I'm actually near coffs but theres nothing round here that I can find. (I know some folk in newcastle).

Was slightly gobsmacked :eek: that the course was $4K. I thought I'd be up for 2ish. I only need the basic course not the one for big arse drones. Any ideas?
Is this any use?
RPAS UAV Controller Certificate - VIRTUAL - Wicked Copters

There are a couple of companies offering RPAS training in Newcastle,one will travel to other areas within NSW to do courses but I think there is a minimum number of participants needed to do that.And the cost may be higher than doing it here.
AVI Assist are charging $2750 but offer other add ons for a few hundred more.
Newcastle - Aviassist - Your partner in aviation theory, drone training
UAV Air have a course that costs $3990,their only a few kilometers from my home.
http://uavair.com.au/learn-to-fly-drones/#learntofly
I'm sure I saw another opperating out of Newcastle but can't find any sign of them now.
Can't see any that are closer to Coffs Harbour either.

Hi All, I did my course at Bankstown airport and the reason the cost is sometimes higher is it could include the Radio Operators Certificate and English Proficiency Test which is also a CASA requirement so suggest to check out the included details when shopping around for a course.
Sometimes the additional requirements are not included and will cost more doing them later also check that the course provider applies to CASA for your license on your behalf.
Cheers,JV

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic