Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Australian rpas training

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gherk, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Gherk

Just been googling around and only found one course running in newcastle. I'm actually near coffs but theres nothing round here that I can find. (I know some folk in newcastle).

Was slightly gobsmacked :eek: that the course was $4K. I thought I'd be up for 2ish. I only need the basic course not the one for big arse drones. Any ideas?

2. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Is this any use?
    RPAS UAV Controller Certificate - VIRTUAL - Wicked Copters

3. PTCX

There are a couple of companies offering RPAS training in Newcastle,one will travel to other areas within NSW to do courses but I think there is a minimum number of participants needed to do that.And the cost may be higher than doing it here.
    AVI Assist are charging $2750 but offer other add ons for a few hundred more.
    Newcastle - Aviassist - Your partner in aviation theory, drone training
    UAV Air have a course that costs $3990,their only a few kilometers from my home.
    http://uavair.com.au/learn-to-fly-drones/#learntofly
    I'm sure I saw another opperating out of Newcastle but can't find any sign of them now.
    Can't see any that are closer to Coffs Harbour either.

4. Satellite Aerial View

Hi All, I did my course at Bankstown airport and the reason the cost is sometimes higher is it could include the Radio Operators Certificate and English Proficiency Test which is also a CASA requirement so suggest to check out the included details when shopping around for a course.
    Sometimes the additional requirements are not included and will cost more doing them later also check that the course provider applies to CASA for your license on your behalf.
    Cheers,JV