Australian Phantom Flyers!

ea1f7b2aa8bcda5b9940a9bb058febac.jpg

There's been some ripper sunsets [emoji560] in Adelaide this summer. Taken from a DJI standard

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Sydney here.

Is there a local forum that folks use for the AU stuff? It's so US-centric here, it's like wading through quicksand to find the little gems of local AU knowledge.

PS: Don't get me wrong though - the depth of product info here is very useful.

Reactions: Vzr1
Hi, Melbourne here. Based in Ringwood in the Eastern Suburbs but have flown my P4 on the beach near Kilcunda and in Warburton recently. Looking for some good rural areas to get a bit more practice and try out more of the features.

Hey guys, I'm in Canberra. Before the new CASA rules I had to say no when people/businesses asked if I could do some contracting work. I was considering setting up my own company, registering, doing the courses etc. But since the new rules have come in, I figure there must be other people out there like me who do have a sub-2kg drone, and do a few freelancing jobs here and there. So I set up www.dronetaskr.com.au - a gig site for droners. Let me know what you think. I've got an agency set up to market to businesses for services, but need to see if there are a few hundred droners around the country who can actually do the jobs! Cheers, and happy to get your feedback.

Hi nickyT, I like the idea and have had a look at your website. I will be registering and adding my services soon. Having been a professional photographer and videographer in the past, I'm eager to get back into the commercial side of this,using the drone to add an extra dimension to my range of services. Good luck with the site.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: nickyT
Hi nickyT, I like the idea and have had a look at your website. I will be registering and adding my services soon. Having been a professional photographer and videographer in the past, I'm eager to get back into the commercial side of this,using the drone to add an extra dimension to my range of services. Good luck with the site.
Thanks! It can be hard for people who love their drones & aerial photography to monetise it and start a business. Hopefully this is one way to bring them and paid work together! Fingers crossed :)

Melbourne here. Got a pro recently. Love it!! Flying in parks and bush lands in outer suburbs. Heading down great ocean road next fine day on a weekend. Any more pilots in eastern Melbourne. Cheers
Hi, P4 owner in outer east (Ringwood). It's always a struggle to find somewhere to fly. Where do you normally go? Always interested in new (legal) locations. It's a pity so many of the interesting areas here are under the jurisdiction of Parks Victoria - "No flying".

Seems like everyone else has a local thread, I thought I'd start ours!

I'm from Melbourne Victoria. I know of one other phantom pilot in Melbourne, but I'm sure there is more of us. I'm still fairly new and learning but I'd be up for catching up with others :)
I'm down near Phillip Island there is plenty of Phantom Pilots around here and Melbourne, this Forum is great, plenty of helpful information with great photography and videograpraphy.
:)

Hi everyone. One week into owning my first drone, Phantom 4. Have taken it up a few times now but really looking for some great spots around Melbourne to explore. Am based around Berwick but willing to travel. Wondering if there were other people who would be up for road trips to like Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road etc.
Found a great bike track with jumps etc back of Casey Fields. With auto tracking, makes for some really cool vids.
Anyway, any advice and ideas are really appreciated.
Happy droning.

hey guys,
i recently had the antenna on my P3 Standard break, the white plastic bit where it joins the controller. Since then my range is about 20m before RTH is activated.

I checked on some antenna upgrade options but the ones I saw looked a bit technical requiring rejoining multiple wires and some drilling. Is there any Drone repair centres around Brisbane that could fix it? Or any other suggestions?

Would be interested in flying out to some nice areas around Brisbane too.

thanks.

hey guys,
i recently had the antenna on my P3 Standard break, the white plastic bit where it joins the controller. Since then my range is about 20m before RTH is activated.

I checked on some antenna upgrade options but the ones I saw looked a bit technical requiring rejoining multiple wires and some drilling. Is there any Drone repair centres around Brisbane that could fix it? Or any other suggestions?

Would be interested in flying out to some nice areas around Brisbane too.

thanks.

hey mate i actually have a spare p3s antenna you could have

Hey guys.

The newest of n00bs on here and with drones. P4P pilot just getting their stuff together. I've probably followed your profile if you're from Melbourne...looking to get out there early July...

If anyone can review my intro thread and provide some feedback, advice or opinions that would be appreciated:

HELLO from Melbourne Australia!

Cheers
RoOSTA

Wowee, this forum is pretty dead...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl