Australian government part 101 disallowance

Reaction score
So it seems a member of the senate or the House of Representatives has given notice of a motion to disallow new regulations made to ease drone laws may all be thrown out as they challenge CASA in Australia, I think this is going to affect a lot of business, also could snowball into the United States as America have just followed casa,s rule changes, thought

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

So it seems a member of the senate or the House of Representatives has given notice of a motion to disallow new regulations made to ease drone laws may all be thrown out as they challenge CASA in Australia
Here are some details.
It's Senator Nick Xenophon who's grandstanding about this.
This is a good brief summary and explains what's really behind this:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...s/news-story/112be92d7038ff6039522a7b52453300

And this for more details: Xenophon moves to bring down 'dangerous' drone rules

The senator seems to have been captured by the licensed flyers that paid big dollars for their licences before the new rules and the airline pilots.
Both have convinced him that allowing people to shoot weddings and real estate without spending $8000 for a licence is going to have huge safety implications. Somehow they completely ignore the thousands of recreational flyers that are unaffected by the new rules.
It's a con job and Australian flyers should email Senator Xenophon to put him straight.
CASA took 2.5 years to bring in the new rules and are saying that they still believe that their rules are not the problem that Xenophon thinks they are.

Reactions: eaglegoaltender
Just reading the list of incidents . No doubt some of them are correct but a pilot must have very good VLOS to spot a Phantom size drone when you factor in the speed difference as well .
Maybe the drones sighted were larger 3200 feet up ?
I saw a BBC show where the air traffic control held off all approaches due to an unidentified object appearing intermittently on radar They were saying it could be a drone could be birds(?) .
I am just finishing a basic TAFE course (free) Nothing to complicated but it covers regulations , safety etc and has a days training on a P4
It is a good idea and should be a minimum requirement for all drone fliers in my opinion .

When I got my license the instructor said a phantom or drone around two kilograms is to small for radar to pickup

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

This just in from CASA
Information on Part 101 disallowance motion
Wednesday 23 November 2016

CASR PART 101 AMENDMENT – DISALLOWANCE MOTION WITHDRAWN
On 22 November 2016, Senator Nick Xenophon withdrew his motion to disallow Civil Aviation Legislation Amendment (Part 101) Regulation 2016 in the Australian Senate.

This means that the recent changes to the safety regulations covering the operation of drones or remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) remain in place.

The amendment, which commenced on 29 September 2016, includes updated terminology and introduces an excluded RPA category with reduced regulatory requirements for commercial operators flying RPA smaller than 2 kilograms and some landowners and leaseholders carrying out commercial-like operations on their land.

For details on the recent changes, guidance and general information on RPA operations in Australia, including an eLearning module suitable for all operators visit www.casa.gov.au/rpa, phone 131 757 or email [email protected].

Sanity prevails (occasionally)

That's great.Thanks for letting us know .
I happen to to tune into Parliament live on the radio the other day It was a debate on changes to superannuation ..riveting stuff but important to the people it affects.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic