Austin Texas folk ?

I'm in Roundrock as well. Would like to meet up to fly with folks in the area. I have a phantom 3 pro!

Where can you go flying in Round Rock? The Williamson County Park at 1431 and Sam Bass allows for model aircraft but no drones.

Taken from their FAQ.

Answer: Drones are not permitted at Williamson County Parks and Trails.

But...

Answer: Model planes are allowed at the Southwest Williamson County Park; electric engines only. Call Parks Department HQ at 512-943-1920 for flight location.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Where can you go flying in Round Rock? The Williamson County Park at 1431 and Sam Bass allows for model aircraft but no drones.

Taken from their FAQ.

Answer: Drones are not permitted at Williamson County Parks and Trails.

But...

Answer: Model planes are allowed at the Southwest Williamson County Park; electric engines only. Call Parks Department HQ at 512-943-1920 for flight location.

lol wow....I am going to fly some fireworks in Liberty Hill and Leander this weekend. I have connections with Liberty Hill so it should be really good.

BPF

lol wow....I am going to fly some fireworks in Liberty Hill and Leander this weekend. I have connections with Liberty Hill so it should be really good.

BPF

Make sure you post video. It should look spectacular.

So somebody that lives in Williamson County should ask why drones are banned in all parks. I don't live there (yet) but I stay with friends there regularly and now I can't fly at their place do to their neighbors (even thought they are on 5 acres his wife doesn't want to bother the neighbors.

So somebody that lives in Williamson County should ask why drones are banned in all parks. I don't live there (yet) but I stay with friends there regularly and now I can't fly at their place do to their neighbors (even thought they are on 5 acres his wife doesn't want to bother the neighbors.

City doesn't have domain over the air, only faa. They can not stop you from taking off from private property. This type of ignorant behavior by town councils it's just totally stupid, I wish all quad owners could create a coalition, hire lawyers and take city council's that pass stupid laws, such as this, to court!!

Make sure you post video. It should look spectacular.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very nicely done. Great video. What settings did you use for the fireworks?

Very nicely done. Great video. What settings did you use for the fireworks?

Auto, de-log for video and the picture I did 3 second...both I did some color correction in Premiere Pro and Lightroom.

My next time I think I will be filming towards the end of the show to get the ending. I ran out of batteries then. Also I will do a zoom up pan a bit more like I started the fireworks as a intro into the show. That way you can also see the people below from the fireworks.

Not much action in San Antonio. I would make the drive up to fly with y'all on a weekend if you have a meetup.
Hi Catalina- I live in San Antonio and a group of us meet weekly. I know this post is old but if you still live in this area and want to meet up and fly, just let me know

I know I'm digging up an older post but I'm in Liberty Hill with a P4P. Also I found an app called Meetup and there's an Austin group called Drone Field Day meeting on the second Saturday every month. I joined and plan on going on the 14th of this month. Anyone here a member?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic