Aussie/Kiwi P2V Piloteers

Reaction score
Hi There.

Just wanted to catch up with Australian or New Zealander piloteers.

There is definitely a great P2V community out there. So I thought we could share our woes and joys about being piloteers from the 'Lands Down Under'! I must send some crazy thanks out to the many piloteers who have posted their advice and failures, experience and joy in regard to this insane pastime/hobby. This has been invaluable to me and NO DOUBT many others in beginning and continuation!

My personal experience has been great and have (thank god) had no issues requiring service or repairs. I read a sh#t load of info on this, and others sites and watched countless videos and absorbed as much as I could before my purchase. I was well informed when I took my first flight but was not prepared for the exhilaration and steep learning curve that was required when I pushed the up stick for the very first time!

I hope you are all enjoying your P2V's and that you continue to do so for a very long time to come!

Regards.

Hey man,

I think there's another Aussie thread somewhere on here.

I'm in Brisbane. Heading up north of Cairns tomorrow and taking the P2V with me
to shoot some video and photos of the Daintree.

Happy, safe flying on the Gold Coast. Look forward to some beach/cliff images from you.

El Rey said:
Hey man,

Happy, safe flying on the Gold Coast. Look forward to some beach/cliff images from you.

Cheers Dude.

I went out for a fly today but the wind went crazy so I thought discretion was definitely the better part of valour! Although I was really quite impressed with the P2V's capabilities in the gusty conditions, very impressed actually! I only got about 15 minutes flying time, but it was still really great!

Regards.

El Rey said:
Hey man,

There are a Kiwi thread here :D
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4961

Hi and Welcome :D

I'm not a Kiwi but I live in NZ (I'm Danish)

Yes great to hear from other from Down under.

I just had look at your photos. Hopefully it was not taken in Raw?
I'm sorry to say, that the quality of the uploaded photos are really bad.
Have you tried to take photos in Raw with your Vision?
I haven't tried it out myself yet, Im still waiting for my Vision to come back from Hong Kong after a repair :cry:

Klaus said:
Hi and Welcome :D

I'm not a Kiwi but I live in NZ (I'm Danish)

Yes great to hear from other from Down under.

I just had look at your photos. Hopefully it was not taken in Raw?
I'm sorry to say, that the quality of the uploaded photos are really bad.
Have you tried to take photos in Raw with your Vision?
I haven't tried it out myself yet, Im still waiting for my Vision to come back from Hong Kong after a repair :cry:

G'day.

Yeah I know those pics were ****… I'm trying to figure out the upload system?? Maybe my brain is just not working properly!!

Tips on how to upload decent quality pics please????

Regards.

G'day.
Yeah I know those pics were ****… I'm trying to figure out the upload system?? Maybe my brain is just not working properly!!
Tips on how to upload decent quality pics please????

I'm pretty sure it have nothing to do with any upload systems, but just the quality of the photos in general.
Does they look better before upload?
For me it looks like the crappy JPEGS from the Vision. Are the photos taken as JPEG or Raw?

Is there a aussie phantom pilots facebook page ? Easy way to upload pics n vids and give advice

I live in Feilding, NZ

Got the P2V to help film paintball videos, really keen on buying a gimbal for it as there's not many calm days here!

Looking forward to filming the Battle of Hasting (http://battleofhastings.co.nz/?page_id=44) with the P2V, it's a paintball event at Splash Planet in Hastings (while it's closed over winter), there'll be 200 paintballers shooting from the pirate ship/castle/forts.

I'm from Sydney and fly a P2V.

There is a Sydney Phantom group on Facebook. DJI Phantom Fliers Sydney, and a multirotor mob Multirotor Owners Australia that have a bit of everything.

Hi

Aussie flyer living in WA here .... try to get flight time in as often as possible but the weather here atm is not flying friendly most days :(

I log most of my flights on Flytrex .. great little device!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4