ATTN: MICHAEL DORR - YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

Hahaha. This guy looks like one of those bullies. :cry:

Hmm... I'm thinking about getting an AMA membership for my Phantom.. is it worth it?

Perhaps needs to practice what he preaches. Would like to know about his simulation training and insurance package.

Not too enamored with a news reporter catching a Phantom at eye level.

I reality I really don't have a problem with licensing and registration of the crafts.

I do have a problem with this guy that flies his craft recklessly.

Also having that reporter holding that phantom with the motors running.
Not smart.

Some one that is completely inexperienced holding the craft and not fully aware of the danger.

KG4MXV said:
Some one that is completely inexperienced holding the craft and not fully aware of the danger.

How did you determine that he was completely inexperienced and not fully aware of the "danger"?

The sky is not falling.

Gizmo3000 said:
simulator= probably just video games

sounds like the guy just wants to discourage newbies from getting into the same biz as him.

Simulator training = having your kid run around with the quad as you move the controls then telling him to move that direction.
Or how I got used to using my FPV with a string and a pole.....hehe

however he probably used something like this.....
http://www.quadrocopter.com/AeroSIM-RC- ... p_365.html

He spent a YEAR, 365 days training in simulation before he flew his drone?! I can definitely understand an old school non-GPS enabled CP heli taking a while to train, but a GPS, 6 axis stabilized quad? And he looks more like Goose than Iceman.

Looks like the same typical self deluded twat you come to expect from these type of over dramatised bullsh*t newz stories ..... he was funny though, suprised he didnt say he was on a mission from god ... ??? :lol:

I had not heard or seen of this story yet until now.

Sad to say, this is in my 'backyard' sort-of-speak and on our most viewed station locally.

What a muppet!

It doesn't matter how much experience you have, it doesn't make you immune from mechanical or electrical failure. Oh I suppose with him having liability insurance he should be OK! ;)

I have 5 million liability insurance, however I doubt they would pay out if I was flying in the same conditions as him.

Reactions: Ti22
you have until september 2015 people... TAKE ADVANTAGE AND FLY YOUR ASSES OFF before we all get grounded next year by the new AA rules and regs...
i will say this guy makes a valid point that i take to heart every single time i put it in the air... these aren't toys and they can be dangerous.
As a professional filmmaker it would be nice to weed out some of you low baller weekend filmmaker types. underbidding and watering down the industry, it sure would help bring back the professional market i remember working with instead of this new age hipster filter generation.
his point he makes will become the law... we all know its going to happen. nests years laws are going to be WAAAACCCKKKKK for all of us.
:shock:

Kelso Kubat said:
you have until september 2015 people.
Not gonna happen by September 2015. It's more like 7-10 years with a possible (but unlikely) faster integration under Sec. 333, for certain small drones in certain industries, although there is currently no plan in place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20