ATTI

Reaction score
Hi,

I was recently offered a phantom 2 vision and would like to know if the phantom mode by default allows GPS and ATTI flying.

I am getting confusing messages that for ATTI I need to configure in Naza M the S1 switch, however, DJI also says that it does not need to be configured in Naza. They just tell me to place S1 in middle position in phantom mode.

Further clarification on this would be highly appreciated.

When you get your P2V+ new out of the box, it's not set up for Naza (or IOC) mode. So there is no Naza mode unless you specifically set it up using the Phantom Assistant software.

You say DJI is telling you that you can fly in ATTI by putting S1 switch in middle position and there's no need to put your AC in Naza mode. That's actually what I remember as well (I bought my P2V in August 2015 and updated the firmware immediately). Simon's post is dated November 2013 which was quite a while ago. It's possible a firmware update since then provided use of the S1 switch for ATTI. It's also possible they didn't and my memory is flawed (I've been in Naza mode for a long long time).

It's a simple matter to test it.

You would be wise to launch in GPS, which means the S1 switch is all the way up. Once you've launched with 6-7 satellites minimum and the AC is hovering in front of you with green lights in the tail blinking, you can move the S1 switch to the middle position and see if it will change to ATTI. You can tell by the lights. If the green lights change to white or yellow, it's in ATTI. If they stay green, Simon's post is still accurate.

Irregardless of whether your quad is in phantom or naza mode the S1 switch in middle position is ATTI, only when in Naza mode can you change the bottom position to either ATTI or failsafe or manual mode, I have bottom set to failsafe which activates return to home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31