ATTI what does atti mean

Yes, I know this. Hence it's in that P mode, but reporting P-Atti in logs. That was my question.

My logs say "Mode changed to GPS_Atti." Since I had perfect GPS the entire flight I always assumed that was just another name for P-GPS, which is basically GPS + the normal ATTitude control.

My logs say "Mode changed to GPS_Atti." Since I had perfect GPS the entire flight I always assumed that was just another name for P-GPS, which is basically GPS + the normal ATTitude control.
Yeah, I guess I could take this up with HealthDrones. Should put into Atti mode on take off and see if it records differently in the logs.

In the original NAZA and other MR controllers there were/are 3 modes.

Manual: No control other than you, like flying a RC heli. You need constant adjustments, it does not self level. This takes a lot of skill.

Atti: The MR will stay level when the right stick is centered, there often is no indent in the left stick of RC radios so it is even a bit hard to stay at the same altitude, but with stick centered it will maintain altitude, more or less. The MR will go wherever the airmass you are in is heading.

GPS: This is where the MR will maintain position using GPS, so if you let go of centered sticks the MR will hover in place.

In the P3P etc the manual mode is dropped, too hard for beginners I think is the reason. Leads to a lot of crashes. But it is a also a mode that if something goes wrong and you know how to fly manually you will have a good chance of just maintaining control and fly back and land without incident. So it is a good thing to practice. I have saved a couple MR crashes by switching to manual mode when the controller went nuts.

Then there are the smart modes like orientation modes, and modes for waypoint etc.

I always prefer to fly in Attitude mode when filming. It is the smoothest mode, the MR will not just stop if you center the stick, it will slowly (smoothly) drift to a nice stop and it will drift with the wind and that is a great way to get a very smooth shot, especially before we had gimbals that work as well as the brushless ones we have now, the early gimbals ran on servos, they were sluggish and always lagged so you had to fly very smoothly to get good footage. This is still true, especially when you are close to objects. This is when Atti really is the best mode. Also whenever flying under thick trees or bridges or inside I always fly my P3P in Atti.

Practice atti mode a lot, you will have better control and be smoother when you are good at it. And yes you can fly faster.

Reactions: OrlyP
I always prefer to fly in Attitude mode when filming. It is the smoothest mode, the MR will not just stop if you center the stick, it will slowly (smoothly) drift to a nice stop and it will drift with the wind and that is a great way to get a very smooth shot, especially before we had gimbals that work as well as the brushless ones we have now, the early gimbals ran on servos, they were sluggish and always lagged so you had to fly very smoothly to get good footage. This is still true, especially when you are close to objects. This is when Atti really is the best mode. Also whenever flying under thick trees or bridges or inside I always fly my P3P in Atti.

Practice atti mode a lot, you will have better control and be smoother when you are good at it. And yes you can fly faster.

Although I'm aware about the bird's behavior in Atti mode, I have not considered it as a primary flight mode. I always thought of it as just a fallback mode to GPS-assisted flight. Flying in P-GPS is safe, yes, but I do get sub-optimal footages when it auto-brakes (and the front prop popping into the frame). I must practice in Atti mode more often. Thank you.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj