ATTI what does atti mean

Reaction score
I appologise for sounding a bit thick.....What do the letter ATTI stand for. Automatic ???

Thank you

Attitude

I'll take the OPs Q one further. Why is it called ATTI Mode?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

In the context of a Phantom it means only the Attitude or the quad's level (as in upright) and altitude are maintained. This differs from the GPS Mode where the X-Y position is also maintained.

Exactly .......Im pleased that im not the only person to ask that question.

In the context of a Phantom it means only the Attitude or the quad's level (as in upright) and altitude are maintained. This differs from the GPS Mode where the X-Y position is also maintained.

Excellent reply....Many thanks.

.What do the letter ATTI stand for.
Flight modes explained:
i-cc3dZfs-L.jpg

I have found on a calm day in P mode it can fly at 60km/h and in ATTI it can fly up to 80km/h

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

In my flight logs, it always says "Changed to GPS atti", so that is P-GPS or P-ATTI mode?
When flight logs say "Changed to GPS ATTI", that means the toggle switch is in P-GPS position, but the craft has automatically switched to ATTI because you're not getting adequate GPS signal. If you physically switch the RC toggle switch from P-GPS to ATTI, the status bar will say something like "Safe to Fly ATTI" if I remember right, and your flight logs should reflect the same.

When flight logs say "Changed to GPS ATTI", that means the toggle switch is in P-GPS position, but the craft has automatically switched to ATTI because you're not getting adequate GPS signal. If you physically switch the RC toggle switch from P-GPS to ATTI, the status bar will say something like "Safe to Fly ATTI" if I remember right, and your flight logs should reflect the same.
Strange it's in every flight I've made and I'm always in P mode and have 15+ GPS sat's. So am I never in GPS mode? I'm perplexed, this is via healthydrones.

Sorry if I'm missing the idea but, why again is it called ATTI and not ALTI?

ATTITUDE pertains to behavior
ALTITUDE is the height of an object in relation to a reference point, be it the ground or sea

Good question. This happens to me on nearly every flight.

ALTITUDE is the height of an object in relation to a reference point, be it the ground or sea

Attitude is also an aviation term.

When I look at my healthy drone report I too have never flown my drone in p-Gps. Every flight has changed to gps-Atti right after takeoff even with beginner mode enabled and multiple flight modes disabled. Does someone have an explanation. Some flights have had 10-15 satellites. I don't know what I have to do to fly in p-gps mode. The s1 switch is all the way up

Attitude is also an aviation term.
Thanks! I knew it was something obvious.

I dug deeper and finally found out what it meant in the context of aviation. Simply put, it's something to do with the aircraft's orientation...ie. pitch, roll, yaw, about its center of mass. Hence, the attitude indicator.

Strange it's in every flight I've made and I'm always in P mode and have 15+ GPS sat's. So am I never in GPS mode? I'm perplexed, this is via healthydrones.
P is GPS mode.
I suggest you read the manual or use youtube to learn the paf switch. Search youtube for ioc mode or course lock mode.

Reactions: rowdyjim

You are exactly right.

I am guessing this might be one of those Chinglish moment from DJI. The engineers were meaning to say ALTItude mode but the translator got it wrong as ATTItude mode :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik