ATTI tips, questions and advice.

Reaction score
I'm seeing some tips on flying the other phantoms in ATTI mode on here, but since the P4 introduces some innovative features, do they all apply, indeed are there some that shouldn't be used on the P4?

I was hoping to get used to the auto functions on the P4 before moving on to trying ATTI, and then perhaps eventually the S mode. After a recent experience, the ATTI mode has moved rapidly up my list of priorities!

Best to practice this in a zero wind day? I've been doing manual take off from day one, but in P mode, will take off be the same in ATTI are will it feel/act differently?

If there was theoretically zero wind, would the craft hover on the spot, or would I need to keep pushing her up into the air? I'm assuming it will hover as GPS is still enabled? (or should I reread the manual for the fourth time!)

What about landing, again I've been manually landing (I saw some youtube clips of the autolanding feature and tbh it seemed to land harder than I would like!), in ATTI will this 'feel' the same?

Any other tips, advice, etc? As I said I would have rather waited and practiced more before using ATTI but would rather ask questions first!

Thanks in advance guys

Reactions: gww816
I'm assuming it will hover as GPS is still enabled? (or should I reread the manual for the fourth time!)
No ... in atti mode the Phantom does not use GPS and has no ability to maintain position horizontally.
It will drift on whatever breeze moves it.
If you move the Phantom, it will be like driving on ice - no brakes.
Yes, it will maintain altitude in hover because this is done using the barometric sensor.

It's good to practice in atti mode with a little breeze. Nose-out, nose-in hovering first. Figure 8's is always good practice. Not too high until you get experienced You'll hear some fly most of the time in atti.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's good to practice in atti mode with a little breeze. Nose-out, nose-in hovering first. Figure 8's is always good practice. Not too high until you get experienced You'll hear some fly most of the time in atti.

Is there a minimum height in ATTI? Was I right in thinking zero wind would just let it hover without touching anything? What if you then switch it back to P while in the air, it'll just take over and hover then even in wind?

Even with no wind it may drift a bit. The min height is set in the DJI GO settings. Default is 397 ft. Max is 500m. Going back into P mode (P-GPS) the satellites will keep it in place.

I take off and land in p mode but fly more and more in atti, s mode kick`s *** but drains the battery quicker. I lift off and rise about 50 feet in p mode than switch to atti and check the direction of the wind as the quad gets blown along. If I have no specific pictures to take and just want to have fun I fly up wind, this gives me a little extra safety factor for comming back with plenty of battery life.

Reactions: FrequentFlyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20