Atti mode phantom questions

I fly race quads that have no gps and I think it's beneficial for all pilots to know how to fly in atti mode.

Reactions: rowdyjim
While drifting I usually yaw the aircraft in the direction of drift travel. Then return back to P-mode when you want full control over the aircraft once again.
I'm no expert at flying in Atti mode (or any other mode for that matter [emoji6]) but when doing so, I usually point the P3 into the wind, as that way I know that if I've let it drift, pushing right stick fwd will counteract the drift and stop it or move in other direction. Is there a particular reason you yaw in direction of drift travel?

Edit: without wishing to 2nd guess your response, I guess it's all about knowing the craft's orientation in relation to the wind, so doesn't matter whether you're pointing with or against the wind, as long as you know which it is !

Last edited:
I would highly, highly recommend flying in attitude mode for practice, and manual landing (if if not in atti mode on the landing)

I was flying my P3P and due to a lot of metal around me (near a bridge), i lost everything with the exception of atti mode. Oh, and the wind was 18mph.

No, not my brightest moment. It was also over water. Salt water. Sigh.

I quickly realized what happened when it was about 500 feet away. Total white knuckle flying, wresting it back and to a small landing area, and telling those who had gathered to watch to stand back. Had it come back, fighting wind gusts, and then to the small area to land - had it fly past me and the wind brought it back as I brought it down, and finally, a no tip landing.

Learning this flight mode now, plus manual landing (I always manual land) might save you in the future - even from your own mistakes.

Oh - and the home point somehow automatically reset itself over water
0b0c7dc9d31ff207a56265c49d472b89.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl