"atti mode", "atti mode" whilst in flight!

Reaction score
To lay a little groundwork, straight out of the box, after successful compass calibration:

On one of my very first flights a few weeks ago, everything was going well, the P3P was about 75 feet up and about 150 meters out. Then out of nowhere the monitor (my iphone) starting repeating "atti mode", "atti mode". the drone began behaving erratically, going side to side and just acting well, erratically. This went on for about 7 or 8 seconds but it seemed like a lot longer! Being like the 3rd flight, it scared the **** out of me so I immediately pressed the RTH button. It stopped shouting "atti mode" at me and returned home. All is well, no other issues other than the need to change my pants!

I've flown dozens of times since then, and upgraded firmware since then and it has never happened again. Any ideas?

There could be a number of reasons for your craft's GPS signals getting low during a flight. many of them not having anything to do with your UAV.

And if you aren't comfortable flying without GPS, you did the right thing by landing.

But knowing how to fly in ATTI mode is, in my book, a must have. I would practice and therefore be a lot less panic-y if/when it happens again.

Reactions: WetDog
Hello, I have a phantom 3 pro with the firmware upgraded to the last version (june I guess). Saturday whilst it was flying on the top left of the screen of my iPad the yellow message "GPS position not fixed" (or something like that) appeared and my iPad repeated "ATTI mode", anyway there was no error, the GPS indicator on the top was green and the drone was flying normally...I was scared and I landed. Any thoughts?

Yes.
  1. If you lose the minimum required GPS satellites, the craft will go to ATTI mode. You can manually select ATTI mode as well, but if the remote senses loss of GPS, it will select ATTI mode automatically.
  2. There's nothing wrong with this.
  3. Do you know how to fly in ATTI mode? You should. It's the same as flying in P (full GPS lock) mode in respect to the way the craft responds to the sticks on your remote, except that it will not hover in place without your help (not having a GPS lock).
  4. Everyone should be able to fly in ATTI mode. If you don't, then you should take it upon yourself to go to a large, clear area and practice.
  5. Note that in ATTI mode drift (without GPS lock), you have to be comfortable with controlling that drift, so you shouldn't attempt this with obstacles around until you've practiced enough to gain confidence (see step 4). This is especially true with some significant wind.
  6. But otherwise, you should be aware that before this wondrous GSP technology made available to the masses relatively recently, flying the craft manually was all there was.
Chris

Edit: PS: nothing wrong with being scared, especially at first.

Thank you for your answer. First of all I know how to pilot manually, even if I have to practice with the phantom in ATTI mode. Anyway. I am sure that nothing was wrong with the number of satellites.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4