ATTI - First flight help

Like most take I take off in P-GPS and after gaining some height and hovering if you flip to ati you get an instant idea of what the wind is like as wind speeds on the ground can vary massively,you can always flip back to p-gps at this point and be confident of what the wind is doing.But if on a long range mission i always use ati as it does increase your speed.

@Rocket_Aus - Thank you for the helpful info. May I ask what kind of speeds you get with ATTI?
As well, switching from P-GPS to ATTI (or vise-versa from ATTI to P-GPS) takes effect immediately after the PAF switch is moved correct? In other words, there's no delay? Liked your post :)

The best way to learn how to fly in atti mode is... fly cheap mini or micro quad. They behaves similar to P3 in ATTI mode so you will learn that you have to give opposite input after you let go your right stick because quad will drift in the direction it was moving. I have spend many hours flying for fun small quads (Latrax alias, hubsan X4, CX10 ) and 250's so after that flying in atti mode is not a proble. I suggest to everyone who have never flown in atti to train on cheap quads.

Great suggestion @gkol ...liked :)

Allow your phantom to hover close to you and take hold of the landing skid and move the quad to one side it will resist and based on GPS positioning will give signal to the four props to keep the position. You would think that while the four props are getting continuous signals which may not be in line with the 100% forward pitch .It makes sense that the props may be working in several directions when in P-GPS mode.
Using ATTI mode in my opinion could be faster. Wind dependent. The phantom will drift with the wind.
I use it mostly while filming letting the phantom drift towards me in the wind. Gives nice effect. Also uses little power as the wind is doing the work. Although you can be using more in the outbound flight heading into the wind . It's worth the effect you get.

@invinciblevin - Thank you for the helpful information, and for sharing your experience. liked :)

@Rocket_Aus - Thank you for the helpful info. May I ask what kind of speeds you get with ATTI?
As well, switching from P-GPS to ATTI (or vise-versa from ATTI to P-GPS) takes effect immediately after the PAF switch is moved correct? In other words, there's no delay? Liked your post :)

There is no delay.

Reactions: Ehsan
Just to confirm, I'm supposed to be flying on ATTI and not P-ATT right??

سلام احسان جان
راحت ترین مثال برای مود اتی اینه: فرض کن پرندت یه قایق روی آب هستش. اگه هرموقع پارو زدن رو متوقف کنی ، قایق همچنان تا مدتی به حرکتش ادامه میده مگه اینکه در جهت عکس پارو بزنی.

All your worries/questions can be answered by trying the builtin flight simulator in the Go app. You could try all the features of the actual bird in the simulator including rth and ioc functions.
That is for those who have the simulator. As of this date the androids display/monitor still don't have the simuator.

The Atti mode is nothing to be afraid of. Just turn the switch to Atti mode and try it out. You will notice that the wind will push your quad but the altitude is locked. When filming you will get a bit more smooth move too. If any problems just turn it back to GPS mode and the bird is locked to the position as usual.

The Atti mode is nothing to be afraid of. Just turn the switch to Atti mode and try it out. You will notice that the wind will push your quad but the altitude is locked. When filming you will get a bit more smooth move too. If any problems just turn it back to GPS mode and the bird is locked to the position as usual.

Thank you for the clarification, and vote of confidence, Kenneth. Will try it out. Liked :)

سلام احسان جان
راحت ترین مثال برای مود اتی اینه: فرض کن پرندت یه قایق روی آب هستش. اگه هرموقع پارو زدن رو متوقف کنی ، قایق همچنان تا مدتی به حرکتش ادامه میده مگه اینکه در جهت عکس پارو بزنی.

Hi Hessam, I'm don't know how to read that (sorry). Can you please explain in english as I am interested in your post :)

Hi Hessam, I'm don't know how to read that (sorry). Can you please explain in english as I am interested in your post :)
I thought you could read persian!
about ATTI, just think of it as a boat! when you stop rowing (pushing sticks, throttling) the boat (phantom) keeps moving in that direction unless you start rowing in another direction! or a wave (wind even a breeze) can move your boat (phantom).

I thought you could read persian!
about ATTI, just think of it as a boat! when you stop rowing (pushing sticks, throttling) the boat (phantom) keeps moving in that direction unless you start rowing in another direction! or a wave (wind even a breeze) can move your boat (phantom).
Nice analogy! Well done.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj