Atti back to GPS glitch?

Reaction score
My P2V+v3 sometimes needs a bit of a kick when going back to GPS mode from Atti mode.

Sometimes I try to get an idea of wind strength by letting it drift in Atti mode, then I switch back to GPS mode. Just occasionally, when I flip S1 back up, the Phantom continues to drift. So I toggle Atti and GPS again and it stops drifting.

I'm not talking great distance here, the couple of times I've seen it, the Phantom was maybe 50' to 100' away and 80' to 100' high. My antenna is usually 90 degrees to the controller, with the controller tilted, which means it's usually at an optimal angle to the Phantom.

Has anyone else noticed this?

P2-NV,

Always 'snaps' into stability immediately when going from Atti. to GPS along with instant yellow to greed LEDs.

Could be your s1 switch starting to fail. Plug in to the naza assistant and see if flipping back and forth on the switch from atti to gps ever has a few times were you flip the switch to gps and it dont show it going in to gps mode in the naza assistant. also try wiggling the switch in gps with out flipping it to the atti position and see if you see it change at all from wiggling the switch around. Its a farly common problem for the switches they use to start going bad When they totally fail they can even just stay in atti mode or you can be flying in gps and even a slight movement of the controller can cause it to break contact and jump around between atti and gps or fail safe and atti. or even not go in to fail safe and just stay in atti which is the default if there is no contact in the switch any of the 3 contacts in the switch.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik