ATTENTION - There Are Now 4 P3 Areas, P3A/P, P3S, 4K & SE

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
There Are Now 4 P3 Areas, P3A/P, P3S, 4K & SE
Be sure to post in the correct location.
Thanks. ;)

Last edited:
There are now 2 P3 areas. One for P3 Advanced & Professional and one for P3 Standard and the P3-4K
Thanks. ;)
What is the main difference in the Phantom 3 and 3 4k?

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Danny. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

The P3 Standard (2.7K) & the P3 4K use standard wifi control, the P3 Advanced & Pro models use an advanced form of wifi called LightBridge which is has longer range than the standard wifi. They are all good machines. I would suggest a P3S or P3 4K for someone new to the hobby. I saw a recent eBay sale on brand new 4K models for $500 which is an excellent deal. The 4K also has a better controller, more options.

Check here for the differences - Compare the Phantom Series | DJI

There are now 2 P3 areas. One for P3 Advanced & Professional and one for P3 Standard and the P3-4K
Thanks. ;)
What is the best pilot app to use?

What is the best pilot app to use?
Stick with the DJI Go App as that is the original. After you are confident in flying and know your machine well, if and when you find the need for more options then check out some of the other options.

Stick with the DJI Go App as that is the original. After you are confident in flying and know your machine well, if and when you find the need for more options then check out some of the other options.
Thanks TJ, What are some options just wanna check them out?

I use iOS on Apple but I assume it is basically the same for Android devices. Do a search in the store for DJI and see what comes up. Litchi, AutoPilot, Altizure. Pix4D, DronePan, Vertical all come to mind but there are others I am sure. They build off a software developers kit made available by DJI.

I use iOS on Apple but I assume it is basically the same for Android devices. Do a search in the store for DJI and see what comes up. Litchi, AutoPilot, Altizure. Pix4D, DronePan, Vertical all come to mind but there are others I am sure. They build off a software developers kit made available by DJI.
Yeah I saw that kit as well, thank you for the info TJ.

Yes I have the 4k . Trying to locate a gimbal cable. Not sure if it is the same as Adv/Pro. My cable has a part number PO1107.09 and if I am not mistaken the Adv/Pro is PO1107.08. Not sure what the difference is yet.

I bought a P3 4K and I have an iPad monitor. I had so much trouble trying to solve the connection problem. I, finally, found a USB adapter that works, Don't like it, but why isn't there a cable available? It came out of the box with ill fitting USB connections. The cable has a standard size USB plug
and the controller has a small USB socket

It is me, again. I have since learned that my P3 4K does not use a connecting line. It uses wi-fi. If I had read all of the quick start instructions, I would not have made this dumb statement...

Reactions: wmclements2003
Thanks. ;)
Hi, I'm a new member to this forum. Which area would include the Phantom 3 SE? P3A/P or P3S/4K?

Thanks. ;)
@LuvMyTJ I am sure the title of this thread answers my question, but not wanting to mess up with drone 2. On the DJI go app under connect your device when selecting phantom 3 for my 4k since there is no category for p4k do I select p3s?

@LuvMyTJ I am sure the title of this thread answers my question, but not wanting to mess up with drone 2. On the DJI go app under connect your device when selecting phantom 3 for my 4k since there is no category for p4k do I select p3s?
You should have the option to choose your exact model. @dirkclod has a 4K, I flagged him so he can answer you correctly.

Guitarman when you power up whatever you have the app is going to show you which one you are connected to . Is that what your asking ?
You don't choose it .

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic