ATTENTION P2V OWNERS WITH BRICKED EXTENDERS AND NO LIVE FEED!

Reaction score
This is for all of those unfortunate victims that lost all live feed to their android devices after their DJI APP auto updated. If your device is indeed bricked, this won't hurt to try before shelling out hard earned money for nothing. Try running Litchi v2.7.2 on Google Play.

This not only returned my live feed but all information regarding battery, elevation, gps, speed and so on.
I have a P2V and it is not recommended or supported by DJI, but it works!
So, if you're not receiving live feed due to a (hardware) issue and this works for you, GREAT!
I had a hard tome believing it was hardware and this more than proves it was not! It is clearly a firmware/software issue and should be fixed.

Let me know how it goes for you...

Father Francis

This is for all of those unfortunate victims that lost all live feed to their android devices after their DJI APP auto updated. If your device is indeed bricked, this won't hurt to try before shelling out hard earned money for nothing. Try running Litchi v2.7.2 on Google Play.

This not only returned my live feed but all information regarding battery, elevation, gps, speed and so on.
I have a P2V and it is not recommended or supported by DJI, but it works!
So, if you're not receiving live feed due to a (hardware) issue and this works for you, GREAT!
I had a hard tome believing it was hardware and this more than proves it was not! It is clearly a firmware/software issue and should be fixed.

Let me know how it goes for you...

Father Francis
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help. I tried the Litchi app on both the Vision and Vision Plus which both had no FPV video but all other functions including taking pictures and video to the SD card worked ok. The Litchi app and the Vision app had exactly the same fault so it verified the firmware update caused actual damage to both quadcopters. They both worked fine before the firmware update. They were both stored away when I got the P3 and both were working fine. I took them out of storage to pass one along to my grandson.

I had never tried the Litchi app before but it seems to be much better than the DJI Vision app. Thanks again.

DJI should take responsibility for causing this damage. I was waiting for the P5 because there were not enough improvements to justify the cost to move up from a P3 to a P4 but I am rethinking that if this is how DJI treats their loyal customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: jah_josh
Litchi app is free for Android at Google Play store. Be sure to get the P2 version as it is also available for newer Phantoms.

P2V have black screen and have a line on some brand new in box FC200 - if using android app 1.0.61 and install new camera will this solve the black screen issue - it’s my understanding that the board that’s bricked is in the camera - any help is appreciated.

The <transceiver> is in the egg... that's correct.

edit: transceiver vice transmitter

Last edited:
So essentially if I get a new egg I should be work - I see them for around $40 for the whole thing - I would just need to swap it out and bind the camera - anyone try this to see if it solves the issue ??

Here is what they look like
FC200_zpsscimdrb0.jpg

That's what the FC 200 with an aftermarket gimbal looks like.

There has been a lot of posts where "flashing" will solve the black screen problem. You might do a search. But in the meantime, picking up a working FC200 for around $100 wouldn't hurt - even as a back up for later. I have one somewhere in my pile... for myself... for that day...

Yes I guess with the option of the mini sd card I might try it for sure - the above FC200 with an aftermarket gimbal are around $40 CAD on ebay - so I am gonna order one anyway - can't hurt to have it for that price. Let you know if flashing the egg to a lower firmware version works !!

Hey guys with the P2V and P2V+ and black screen. It sounds as though DJI has set up a procedure to fix this problem. You have to go through the following URL to see if you qualify. You'll need to supply your P2V's serial number, the date of purchase, proof of purchase, date of the update that caused failure.

DJI to Offer “P2 Care Plan” for Certain U.S. Phantom 2 Series Users.

If you qualify, DJI may fix the problem or give you a new Phantom 4S or a voucher.

I went through the survey, which directed me to contact DJI. Twelve hours later I got a letter back about what to do to correct the problem, but if that didn't work, then I should send my AC to DJI for check and repair. I am told I have to "register a repair case via our Online Repair Request system." I then got a clickable online repair request. We'll see what that brings. Watch this space.

Last edited:
Please don't confuse NAND flash subject, this is only for the phantom 2 Vision plus and NOT the phantom 2 Vision.

The fault lies with a failed board, mine was bought 2nd hand so I can't use the DJI route, they should simply accept the damaged camera back and supply a replacement rather than make you jump through effin hoops but I expect that from them.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Hey guys with the P2V and P2V+ and black screen. It sounds as though DJI has set up a procedure to fix this problem. You have to go through the following URL to see if you qualify. You'll need to supply your P2V's serial number, the date of purchase, proof of purchase, date of the update that caused failure.

DJI to Offer “P2 Care Plan” for Certain U.S. Phantom 2 Series Users.

If you qualify, DJI may fix the problem or give you a new Phantom 4S or a voucher.

I went through the survey, which directed me to contact DJI. Twelve hours later I got a letter back about what to do to correct the problem, but if that didn't work, then I should send my AC to DJI for check and repair. I am told I have to "register a repair case via our Online Repair Request system." I then got a clickable online repair request. We'll see what that brings. Watch this space.
My P2 was purchesed from second party,but the camera worked fine when I received it. I installed the updates and thats when the camera failed. So it looks like I am screwed as far as repair???

My P2 was purchesed from second party,but the camera worked fine when I received it. I installed the updates and thats when the camera failed. So it looks like I am screwed as far as repair???
It's important to be specific. Are you referring to the straight P2?

My camera has never failed me - but if it did, I know I always have the replace option.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Part 14 FC200 Camera Unit (Manufacturer Refurbished) | eBay

Usually the seller would include the MAC address, so you will have to go to some trouble to get that ironed out.

Used to be we could get these for around $100. $155 seems a little high to me, but these cameras are getting scarce nowadays.

My camera has never failed me - but if it did, I know I always have the replace option.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Part 14 FC200 Camera Unit (Manufacturer Refurbished) | eBay

Usually the seller would include the MAC address, so you will have to go to some trouble to get that ironed out.

Used to be we could get these for around $100. $155 seems a little high to me, but these cameras are getting scarce nowadays.
Sorry again Mark. I need to be more specefic.First day on site, The problem I am having with my P2V is a black screen. I can take pictures see the number of satts. and elevation , just no FPV. Thanks again for getting back to me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic