ATTANTION Litchi Warning!

IMPOSSIBLE to upload a waypoint mission with NO connection.
You're lying or don't know what you're talking about !

You clearly need to learn to read properly. Here is what gvsukids said:
"I had it lose connection while trying to orbit in tracking. It just hovered. I had it come back to me in a waypoint mission after disconnecting from controller."

He is describing his experience with two different flying sessions. Not the same single session. I guess you missed that part.

The behavior described by gvsukids is exactly in line with what the Litchi help says about Orbit sessions. Now isn't that funny...:

"If signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level (can be set in DJI Go). It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home."

For Litchi Waypoint missions there is no overriding behavior of the failsafe, which means that after losing RC signal the drone will continue the mission including the defined "Finish Action":

"Finish Action: Choose an action that the aircraft will perform at the end of the mission. Available choices are "None", "Go Home" ("RTH" on iOS), "Land", "Back to First Waypoint" ("Back to 1st" on iOS) and "Reverse". When using "Reverse", the only way to end the mission is to switch the RC mode to P (S for Phantom 4), "Reverse" allows you to let the aircraft fly to the last waypoint and then replay the mission in reverse using the joysticks or the cruising speed slider."

With the Finish Action" set to "none" the drone will just hover in place of the last Waypoint. It will continue to do that until the battery reaches critical level and Return To Home kicks in.

That also means that if your last Waypoint was far away and the "Finish Action" was set to "none" the drone may not have enough battery power left to make it home. That is how you can lose your drone.

Another way to lose your drone is to have the home point set to the wrong location.

Anyway - I strongly suggest that everyone actually reads the manuals for the drone and apps that you use. Don't think you can simply replace DJI Go with Litchi without reading the manual. You give the entire drone flying scene a bad reputation by doing that.

Last edited:
I have been flying autonomous Litchi missions for a few months and have had no issues with that mode. I was flying one the other day and lost the connection and felt really bad until it once again showed up over the tree line and came back to me safely after completing the mission as planned. I flew the same mission (over 2 miles) at a higher altitude and it did the same thing but it continued the mission back home as it did before. There is definitely a line of sight signal loss issue with terrain but with the bird and not Litchi. I flew a similar distance route today but had continuous line of sight with no loss of signal. I have not tried any of the other modes but like the way Litchi let's you plan your waypoint routes and with DJI would offer a similar tool.

When a drone looses connection with the RC, the RC will NOT receive any telemetry data anymore the drone is sending. This includes GPS and Height information. So the last known position of the drone the app (ANY app) is reporting is the position of the drone at the moment it lost connection. If the drone coninues flying and then lands or crashes, there's no way to know where.
This is true, unless one has a live tracker and applicable app. With my flytrex live, I get all sorts of wonderful telemetry, I always know exactly where my Phantom is, how high it is, and if my Phantom lands or crashes, I know exactly where and when. And I know it all live, as it happens.

I must be missing something while reading the thread. I believe you can have the settings set so if control is lost the craft will do as you have indicated in the settings. Climb to a certain altitude and return to home or if higher than the specified altitude just return to home. Or if set to just hover.... Best to have it RTH. Is this not correct.
I believe you are referring to the DJI Go ap... not the Litchi... with Litchi it just hovers in place when loosing communications... [depending on flight mode]

I believe you are referring to the DJI Go ap... not the Litchi... with Litchi it just hovers in place when loosing communications... [depending on flight mode]
It will hover IF in VR mode with head tracking and a few other modes. In manual (FPV) flight mode, it'll RTH with LOS. If in waypoint mode, it'll complete the mission if it loses signal.

Last edited:
Reactions: cfd701
I've flown several Litchi waypoint missions where it has lost the connection with the RC and the bird just keeps on trucking on the mission course. At the end you can specify what happens next (hover, RTH, land, nothing). If it's not a round trip mission then that's another thing. It would not make sense for the application (or bird) to give up on a pre-planned mission that is designed to return to the start. It is called autononomous for a reason.

It will hover IF in FPV mode. In manual flight mode, it'll RTH with LOS. If in waypoint mode, it'll complete the mission if it loses signal.
Almost, but not quite. It will return home (if that's your setting) in FPV. It's the VR mode that's the issue, in Head Tracking or Immersion mode. But I believe if you have "None" (not Head Tracking or Immersion) in VR mode it still will RTH. FPV is what Litchi calls their manual flying mode.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
Almost, but not quite. It will return home (if that's your setting) in FPV. It's the VR mode that's the issue, in Head Tracking or Immersion mode. But I believe if you have "None" (not Head Tracking or Immersion) in VR mode it still will RTH. FPV is what Litchi calls their manual flying mode.
You are correct. I meant VR. Long day. Thanks. I corrected it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cfd701
It will hover IF in VR mode with head tracking and a few other modes. In manual (FPV) flight mode, it'll RTH with LOS. If in waypoint mode, it'll complete the mission if it loses signal.
I stand corrected.

Litchi is a great app, I never had any problems with it.
When a drone looses connection with the RC, the RC will NOT receive any telemetry data anymore the drone is sending. This includes GPS and Height information. So the last known position of the drone the app (ANY app) is reporting is the position of the drone at the moment it lost connection. If the drone coninues flying and then lands or crashes, there's no way to know where.
So if the RC is not receiving the telemetry data when connection is lost, how would a flight log on healthydrones.com reflect? Would the last line on the csv file really not be the end of the flight? On an old flyaway of mine a p3s was never recovered. Healthydrones.com showed flight path and when my p3s lost connection it hovered 3 minutes at 113ft altitude and little to no wind at the flight time. Does the GPS continue to report? We have covered the latitude and longitude inch by inch in a 200 foot diameter of that point with no sign of it. It was 5 feet tall cattail swamp with 16inch deep water. Im assuming the last known latitude and longitude location the same location it hovered for 3 minutes is inaccurate. Just curious as Im considering the drone gone forever and Ive since replaced it with a P3A and a P3P.

So if the RC is not receiving the telemetry data when connection is lost, how would a flight log on healthydrones.com reflect? Would the last line on the csv file really not be the end of the flight? On an old flyaway of mine a p3s was never recovered. Healthydrones.com showed flight path and when my p3s lost connection it hovered 3 minutes at 113ft altitude and little to no wind at the flight time. Does the GPS continue to report? We have covered the latitude and longitude inch by inch in a 200 foot diameter of that point with no sign of it. It was 5 feet tall cattail swamp with 16inch deep water. Im assuming the last known latitude and longitude location the same location it hovered for 3 minutes is inaccurate. Just curious as Im considering the drone gone forever and Ive since replaced it with a P3A and a P3P.
Just throwing this out there. I've read that even though the image data and the telemetry data are both coming down on the same frequency, they are two separate data streams (channels) so in theory one could still make it through while the other does not.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: scowlnski
On my P2V, my FPV will sometimes crash hard and won't come back although I still have telemetry. No problem. I still have the little radar screen with google maps and I still have telemetry. So I fly it home.

Also, sometimes the telemetry crashes and won't come back, but I still have FPV. I can fly it back since I am familiar with the area. If not, I can use IOC home lock and drag it home. When I look at the log, the log will show the last line is in the middle of the flight sometime - whenever the telemetry crash occurred. In fact, the last line is usually truncated and/or it might miss a data field so that the other data in the line are off by one field (column).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub