ATTANTION Litchi Warning!

Reaction score
Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.

Yes. This is as reported in a thread yesterday due to what was stated on the Litchi site.

This is not necessarily a bad thing. For example, if it's in Follow Me mode and it loses connection, you probably don't want it to go home. You probably would prefer it to hover so you can go back and take control.

2016-07-10 08.43.48.png
I lost my P3 Standard on 4th of July. It flew away in wrong direction on a way point mission. So I see the original post is inaccurate where it doesn't list Waypoint missions. I connected to satellite calibrated and all that stuff and all the regular way like I always do I set my mission and started my bird flew the opposite direction and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it I tried the motor kill return to home Rising altitude lowering altitude I tried everything there was absolutely nothing to be done I tasted about 1000 feet over 3 minutes I had plenty of time to try all this before I hit a fence and couldn't track it anymore it was 113 feet high according to the logs where at the GPS says its last location was healthy drones Logs with cheese logs DJI the logs they were all wrong it was over 500 feet away now that night we had a terrible storm and I shouldn't know that my bird went down with 89% battery so my lights would still be flashing had I known the right area to look it would have been okay this was not my first Phantom but this one had some sentimental meaning to it. My advice is no autonomous flights until litchi is fixed and you can take control over if you need to my bird was destroyed my GoPro was destroyed I got a ticket for going in a wildlife preservation area disturbing cattails I spent total of 19 hours in a swamp , I flew my other Phantoms over the area and a Bebop for a total of four and a half hours of flights never to find it until I decided to look where it shouldn't be.

I lost my P3 Standard on 4th of July. It flew away in wrong direction on a way point mission. So I see the original post is inaccurate where it doesn't list Waypoint missions. I connected to satellite calibrated and all that stuff and all the regular way like I always do I set my mission and started my bird flew the opposite direction and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it I tried the motor kill return to home Rising altitude lowering altitude I tried everything there was absolutely nothing to be done I tasted about 1000 feet over 3 minutes I had plenty of time to try all this before I hit a fence and couldn't track it anymore it was 113 feet high according to the logs where at the GPS says its last location was healthy drones Logs with cheese logs DJI the logs they were all wrong it was over 500 feet away now that night we had a terrible storm and I shouldn't know that my bird went down with 89% battery so my lights would still be flashing had I known the right area to look it would have been okay this was not my first Phantom but this one had some sentimental meaning to it. My advice is no autonomous flights until litchi is fixed and you can take control over if you need to my bird was destroyed my GoPro was destroyed I got a ticket for going in a wildlife preservation area disturbing cattails I spent total of 19 hours in a swamp , I flew my other Phantoms over the area and a Bebop for a total of four and a half hours of flights never to find it until I decided to look where it shouldn't be.

I had it lose connection while trying to orbit in tracking. It just hovered. I had it come back to me in a waypoint mission after disconnecting from controller.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your very lucky, I had tried home lock, held return to home, i even pulled control sticks together and down trying to power down motors, my P3 ignored every attempt

You do realize you have to gain control of the craft, right? Nothing will work if you don't gain control of the craft.

I know you already know this, I'm just mentioning it because you didn't mention it.

You didn't mention switching your controller to P mode to cancel the mission and take control. Did you do that?

Reactions: jeganx
I lost my P3 Standard ...... flew the opposite direction and there was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it

I've seen that issue widely described on another forum.
They called it RTC mode - Return to China.
This was however in very very old firmware and was supposedly fixed at some point.

Here is one in action :

Screenshot_20160713-001402.png
Ya i did try it. I had 3 minutes of calm rational attempts. It was just not having it anymore. I bought another P3 Standard and loaded up the mission to it. Same start point, one less satellite lock though and didnt have the humidity that we had on the 4th when it flew off. Mission executed flawlessly. Heres my collective flight data for that bird. All this was flown in less than a month

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160713-001402.png
    Screenshot_20160713-001402.png
    275.9 KB · Views: 479
Soooo has this issue been resolved?? Rather nervous / hesitant to do any VR flying or waypoint missions as of now.

Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue.

Why you're spreading rumors ? There is nothing wrong with Litchi itself. It's the DJI SDK that's broken. And not only Litchi suffers but also any other third party app including Autopilot.
Check the info before you make another stupid YT movie.
Man. I really start to hate you at this point.
You're the worse type of copycat. You come here to steal the info and spread untruthful rumors.
GFY

Warning When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead.

This should not be a surprise. I knew about this because IT'S IN THE LITCHI MANUAL.

I'm afraid people will read this thread and get the wrong ideas about Litchi.

If you fly normally with Litchi and it loses signal, the aircraft will happily return home.

If you are flying a waypoints mission with Litchi and it loses signal, it will continue its mission, ending with the last waypoint, at which point it will hover and await your command, which presumably should be within view of you, the operator, who can then take control and fly it home, land, or whatever.

If you are in Follow Me or another flight mode mentioned in the OP and it loses signal, it will hover and await your command.

Reactions: Storm and gvsukids
I had it lose connection while trying to orbit in tracking. It just hovered. I had it come back to me in a waypoint mission after disconnecting from controller.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
IMPOSSIBLE to upload a waypoint mission with NO connection.
You're lying or don't know what you're talking about !

Reactions: scowlnski
Stupidity rules. It's not an issue. It's in the Litchi documentation. There is different behavior depending on the type of mission / mode the drone is flying in when it loses control signal...

Litchi is a great app, I never had any problems with it.
When a drone looses connection with the RC, the RC will NOT receive any telemetry data anymore the drone is sending. This includes GPS and Height information. So the last known position of the drone the app (ANY app) is reporting is the position of the drone at the moment it lost connection. If the drone coninues flying and then lands or crashes, there's no way to know where.

I must be missing something while reading the thread. I believe you can have the settings set so if control is lost the craft will do as you have indicated in the settings. Climb to a certain altitude and return to home or if higher than the specified altitude just return to home. Or if set to just hover.... Best to have it RTH. Is this not correct.

IMPOSSIBLE to upload a waypoint mission with NO connection.
You're lying or don't know what you're talking about !
Why don't you relax and read what he posted again. Alls he was saying that when in orbit mode he lost connection and it hovered and in mission mode he had it rth after losing connection. So he is just sharing his experience with us. Not lying to us.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: gvsukids
Why don't you relax and read what he posted again. Alls he was saying that when in orbit mode he lost connection and it hovered and in mission mode he had it rth after losing connection. So he is just sharing his experience with us. Not lying to us.

Sent from my Shield Tablet using PhantomPilots mobile app
No, he wrote he used a waypoint MISSION.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20